Saturday, September 11, 2010

In My Mailbox (53)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.


For Review:

Received an ARC of The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan from the publisher for review. Very excited to see this in my mailbox, as I enjoyed book one, The Strain!

From the authors of the instant New York Times bestseller The Strain, comes the next volume in one of the most imaginative and frightening thriller series in many, many years! Last week they invaded Manhattan. This week they will destroy the world...


From the Library:

I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of Holly Black's White Cat for awhile now, so was very happy when the library called to say my reserved copy had come in! Entered contest after contest for this one, but no luck. I'm still on a self-imposed book buying ban, so borrowing it from the library will have to do for now.

Cassel comes from a family of curse workers - people who have the power to change your emotions, your memories, your luck, by the slightest touch of their hands. And since curse work is illegal, they're all mobsters, or con artists. Except for Cassel. He hasn't got the magic touch, so he's an outsider, the straight kid in a crooked family. You just have to ignore one small detail - he killed his best friend, Lila, three years ago.


Purchased:

My preorder of The Darkest Edge of Dawn by Kelly Gay finally arrived! One of the nice things about preorders is that I usually forget about them, so they're always a nice surprise when they turn up! Love Kelly's writing, and really looking forward to reading this one!

It takes a strong woman to keep the peace in a city of endless night. . . . Deep beneath Underground, a cunning bid for power and revenge has begun - one that threatens to make Atlanta the new battleground in the ultimate confrontation between good and evil. The powers of hellish Charbydon have the upper hand after plunging the city into primordial night. And under the cover of darkness, a serial killer targets the most powerful Elysians in the city, the angelic Adonai. For Detective Charlie Madigan and her siren partner Hank, tracking deadly predators is all in a day’s work . . . but this case will test the limits of their strength and friendship as it draws them into a deadly world of power plays, ancient myths, explosive secrets, and a race against time that risks all that Charlie holds dear.



Looking forward to seeing all the treasures everyone got in their mailboxes this week!


17 comments:

  1. I am so JEALOUS that you have an ARC of The Fall! I just finished The Strain and loved it. I listened on audio. I've got to get my grubby hands on this next one. Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOT THE FALL! ahhhhhhhhhh you're so lucky! Placed a request but so far mailman shows no sign of appearing... oh well living vicariously through you ;)

    The Darkest Edge of Dawn has a gritty look and seen awesome too.

    Posted mine up on Aisle B, come on by if you get a chance girl :)

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1106897549/mailbox-monday-in-my-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great books here! That is a new one you received for review. Sounds interesting. So curious to read what you think on it. I have White Cat on my stack here, now I just need to get to it. And just got both of Kelly Gay's books (looking forward to them).

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three great books to get! Enjoy the books you got. They do sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you IMM graphic - super cute! I read White Cat a few weeks ago and I loved it! Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted to read the Darkest Edge of Dawn and so I'm excited to see what you think about it. Great mailbox and have a fun week reading!!

    Come by to see my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books! I haven't read White Cat yet, but I've heard amazing things about it. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is! Enjoy reading all these books!

    I'm a new follower :)

    Come see what I got In My Mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  9. White Cat was awesome, you won't be sorry about the wait. Here's my In My Mailbox if you're interested: IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fall looks creepy/scary. I heard White Cat is awesome.Hope u enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have White Cat buried somewhere in my TBR stack. Too many books, too little time! I do most of my pre-orders from Amazon and file the emails in a folder. I also tag each message with the release date of the book I ordered. It helps me keep track of what is coming. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read The Strain. It's been on my wish list forever. I need to get to it now otherwise I'm going to fall way behind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice mailbox! The second book in the Strain series is suppose to be really good....enjoy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice mailbox!! I keep meaning to pick up the Strain... I should move that up in my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I haven't heard of any of these! I am so out of the loop! Looking forward to seeing what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why does your library have such better books than ours? I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete