Review: Blood Song by Cat Adams | Alexia's Books and Such: Review: Blood Song by Cat Adams
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Friday, August 20, 2010

Review: Blood Song by Cat Adams

 Blood Song by Cat Adams

 Source: Personal library

 Rating:  4/5

Bodyguard Celia Graves has definitely accepted her share of weird assignments, both human and supernatural. But her newest job takes the cake. Guarding a Prince from terrorists and religious fundamentalists is hard enough, but it seems like the entire supernatural world is after this guy too. When she is betrayed by those she is employed to help, and everything goes horribly wrong, Celia wakes to find herself transformed.

Neither human nor vampire, Celia has become an Abomination - something that should not exist - and now both human and supernatural alike want her dead. With the help of a few loyal friends - a sexy mage, a powerful werewolf, and a psychic cop - Celia does her best to stay alive. On the run from her enemies, Celia must try to discover who is behind her transformation…before it’s too late. (book blurb)

My Thoughts:
This one was recommended to me by my favorite online bookstore, and I'm glad they did as I hadn't heard of it before! It's a little unusual as while Celia lives in a world with magic, she is a human who survives using her wits and weapons. Don't get too many humans as main characters, so this made a nice change. Of course, nothing in urban fantasy is what it seems...

Am learning about several new species, myths, and legends in the books I've read lately, which I love! Had never heard of an Abomination before. This isn't a spoiler as it's mentioned in the book blurb, but suffice it to say that our plain vanilla human doesn't stay plain vanilla for long.

Celia can take care of herself, as she wouldn't have lasted long as a bodyguard if she couldn't. But after being betrayed and attacked, she's on the run from those who would shoot first and ask questions later, and can use all the help she can get! Doesn't hurt that one of those she turns to for help is her ex-love, and that she still has feelings for him. Hmmmm...wonder if the sparks will start flying?

This was a fast, action-packed read! Interesting characters, decent plot, and a few surprise twists along the way. There's a whole backstory concerning Celia and her sister and I'd like to learn more about, as it's only mentioned in passing without too many details. I found the plot a little confusing at times and didn't really understand why certain things happened as they did, but overall I really enjoyed this book.


7 comments:

  1. I really liked the cover.. actually I thought she looked like Elvis daughter.. those eyes and all..
    Adding it to TBR list. Great review AGAIN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh...I wouldn't have guessed she would be a human character with that type of "job"...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting read and it does have a striking cover. I'll be curious to see what you have to say if there is another book after this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds promosing - this book is much talked about, with all the reviews I've read being positive. One to be addded to my librry list I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like one I might like! Love the cover

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I want to read this one so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now another book to add to my wishlist. :) This sounds like a great fun read. Thanks for the review. And glad you where suggested the book, so you could share it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u