Review: 61 Hours by Lee Child | Alexia's Books and Such: Review: 61 Hours by Lee Child

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Review: 61 Hours by Lee Child

61 Hours by Lee Child

Source:  borrowed from library

Rating:  4/5

Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Press; 1St Edition edition (May 18, 2010)
ISBN-10: 0385340583

Sixty-one hours. Not a minute to spare.

A tour bus crashes in a savage snowstorm and lands Jack Reacher in the middle of a deadly confrontation. In nearby Bolton, South Dakota, one brave woman is standing up for justice in a small town threatened by sinister forces. If she’s going to live long enough to testify, she’ll need help. Because a killer is coming to Bolton, a coldly proficient assassin who never misses.

Reacher’s original plan was to keep on moving. But the next 61 hours will change everything. The secrets are deadlier and his enemies are stronger than he could have guessed—but so is the woman whose life he’ll risk his own to save. (Goodreads synopsis)

My Thoughts:
I've read every Lee Child book there is and adore Jack Reacher. You have to feel for the guy, as he just wants to keep his head down, stay out of trouble, and keep moving. Yet he keeps getting pulled into situations where he has no choice but to help strangers, as he can't walk away from doing the right thing. That's why I love Reacher, as he's one of the good guys.

This is another great Reacher book and if you've enjoyed the others, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one as well. The only thing I didn't care for was the countdown throughout the book, letting us know how many hours were left. Could have done without that, but it's a small thing and don't think it would bother anyone else but me.

Child is a very good writer, and Reacher is a very good character. You know that if you pick up one of his books, you're going to get a good story. Great pacing, good plot, and believable characters. Was a little surprised by the ending, which I hadn't seen coming, and can't wait to see what Child has up his sleeve for the next book! Highly recommended!



4 comments:

  1. This is an author I really need to try, great review.

    I think I will enjoy the countdown.

    What Lee Child book should I start with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Haven't read any books by this author myself, but I think someone may have gifted a few to me a while back.... *searches stacks* ... this could take a while...but thanks for the insight! Happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by all the blogs I follow – have been out of town and am feeling out of touch. Thought I would check in with everyone! Stop by The Wormhole if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jack Reacher and I am so behind on this series. Maybe when I get caught up with my personal books, I can catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u