Read Your Own Books - August Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such: Read Your Own Books - August Challenge

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, August 6, 2010

Read Your Own Books - August Challenge



I've seen other Read Your Own Book challenges around the blogosphere, but I'm already behind with my challenges, so didn't want to add another one. Then I saw this challenge, which is limited to the month of August. Hey, one month isn't so bad! And I really need help getting through my huge TBR piles, so I took the plunge and signed up.
 
Mel at Mel's Books and Info said that she started the challenge to read the books already on her shelf, rather than buying new books, borrowing them from the library, or getting them from a friend.
The rules are pretty lenient. In fact, Mel is letting us come up with our own rules and limitations! She's even offering a prize to all challenge participants! How cool is that? So here are my rules for this challenge:
  • read only books already on my shelf
  • read ARCs or review copies received during the month that have a September release
  • the 2 books I have on hold at the library are okay, but no new hold requests
  • no new books
So what do you think? Maybe this will help me not only winnow down my TBR pile, but work as a book ban to save me money as well. Hope springs eternal! *L*

Wish me luck!


 

6 comments:

  1. I saw this in your sidebar the other day and decided to join too. I was going in this direction reading wise...wanting to read books on my shelf. With the exception of one paperback library book and audio books from the library, I am reading from my shelf until all the books are gone. :) I am hoping this will give me the boost needed.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I had considered joining you but then looked at my to be read mountain and decided I'd better lower that pile first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck I know you'll succeed... Just remember to chant... I can do it.. I can do it :)
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J. Kaye - Gald you're joining us! Hoping this will give me a much needed boost as well. Good luck!

    Petty Witter - Yo're too funny! My TBR mountain is scary, which is why I decided to give this a try.:)

    Aisle B - Am chanting now! I can do it...I can do it...I can..oh look, pretty shiny new books! oops! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! ^_^ Can't wait to see how it goes....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining and best of luck! So far I can't count the number of times I have been tempted. I keep telling myself it is just one month. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u