In My Mailbox (52) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (52)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Saturday, August 28, 2010

In My Mailbox (52)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the book. I'm doing well with my self-imposed book buying ban and staying away from temptation, while trying to catch up on my reading. Reading is going well, reviewing...not so much. C'est la vie.  *L*


For Review:

I received a review copy of The Twisted Path Home by Fae Bidgoli from Phenix & Phenix Publicists. It's not my usual type of read, but after reading an excerpt, I was hooked! The short bit I read of life as an Iranian woman was fascinating, and adding in the possibility of reincarnation...well, maybe it is my type of book after all!

It is 1991. Arezoo, an Iranian woman is living in Berkeley, California with her second husband, Robert, and working as a university professor. Recurring, terrifying dreams of eminent death lead her into therapy with a widely respected psychotherapist. As her memories unfold during therapy sessions, she flashes back to painful memories of her first marriage to Afshin, an Iranian man.

Still, the dreams continue, prompting Arezoo to try hypnosis. Arezoo's life takes an unexpected turn under hypnosis and she begins to channel the dramatic life story of Sogand, a woman who lived in a village in Persia (now Iran) in the late 1800's.

This seemingly inexplicable experience, and her sudden, intimate knowledge of Sogand's identity leads Arezoo back to Iran after many years in America. Through this woman's history Arezoo makes some life changing discoveries - key to both her past and her ex-husband's tortured, secret life.


What treasures did you find in your mailbox this week?


6 comments:

  1. The book that I got that stands out the most this week is "Wow! You Saved How Much?"
    It's about Thrifty Couponing tips. Of course, since my kid had a slight fender bender last week I will need all the couponing tips I can get. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound pretty good, I hope it lives up to the initial impression. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book sounds great - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...I like that cover! The image makes me curious, but the covers are a perfect match. (harder to find than you might think!) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came back from holidays and catching up on all that I've missed. Love the cover for The Twisted Path Home. Sounds like an intense read so I'll be back to see how it turns out in your review. Keeping fingers crossed for a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good book to review. :) Hope you enjoy it. I only got one book in the mail this week, for review. And purchased one as well. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u