In My Mailbox (51) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (51)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Saturday, August 21, 2010

In My Mailbox (51)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.


For Review:

Received a review copy of How's Your Dad: Living in the Shadow of a Rock Star Parent from the publisher. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a famous parent, and having a rock star as a parent would probably be something else!

In this frank and funny book, ZoA' Street Howe breaks the glitzy surface of a media obsession and seeks the reality from the horses' mouths. Whether you rejoice or seethe at the mention of Peaches, Jade or Jack or if you are born of rock heritage yourself and are considering changing your name and moving to Mongolia, this book may make you see things a little differently. ZoA' Street Howe speaks to Ian Dury's son Baxter, Dylan Howe (Steve Howe), Julian Lennon, Calico Cooper (Alice Cooper), Jazz Mellor (Joe Strummer), Natascha Bruce (Jack Bruce), Aaron Horn (Trevor Horn), Hollie Cook (Paul Cook) and many other children of iconic figures in the music industry in this revealing slice of rock 'n' roll literature.


From the Library:


Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong is one of the books I've been waiting for, so was so excited when I got a message that my copy had finally come in at the library! Love Kelley Armstrong!

The orphaned daughter of a sorcerer and a half-demon, Savannah is a terrifyingly powerful young witch who has never been able to resist the chance to throw her magical weight around. But at 21 she knows she needs to grow up and prove to her guardians, Paige and Lucas, that she can be a responsible member of their supernatural detective agency. So she jumps at the chance to fly solo, investigating the mysterious deaths of three young women in a nearby factory town as a favor to one of the agency's associates. At first glance, the murders look garden-variety human, but on closer inspection signs point to otherworldly stakes.


Looking forward to seeing what everyone got this week! I'm sticking to my book buying ban, but I never promised to stop adding to my wishlist! *L*





16 comments:

  1. Great week for you!! Those look really good...I will have to add them to my ever growing list. Stop by and see what I got this week too... www.randomchalktalk.com

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's Your Dad looks interesting. Added to my TBR Mountain that I never seem to get to cause I am always adding to it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I really enjoyed Waking the Witch. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waking the Witch is high on my list. Can't wait. I love Kelley Armstrong's books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    How's Your Dad? has a great premise! I've read some rock star biographies and memoirs, but I never really thought of what the stories must look like from their children's points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! I just started reading Kelley Armstrong, and I'm really enjoying her Darkest Powers series.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo...Waking the Witch was pretty good! I hope you enjoy it! And congrats on sticking to your book ban! That can be pretty difficult at times! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on sticking to your book ban!! Wish I could say the same lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I haven't read Waking the Witch yet, but I love this series. Great mailbox! My IMM Birthday Edition is here.

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you enjoy your books. Here is what I got IN MY MAILBOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy Waking the Witch!! (",) I'll get to reading Bitten one of these days, hehe. Have a lovely week, Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice box! Gotta say that first one...should be rather interesting. Can't wait to see your reviews. Have a great weekend....and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your new books - they are both new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can never go wrong with Kelly Armstrong, hope you have fun with both of them though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. how's your dad looks really interesting!! i hadn't heard of it before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved reading Waking the Witch. :) You will enjoy that one. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u