Saturday, August 14, 2010

In My Mailbox (50)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books. I was good this week and am sticking to my book ban and reading my own books. Did receive a few new-to-me books from co-workers, but staying away from the temptation of bookstores.


Received a copy of Christine Warren's Born To Be Wild from a co-worker. Love shapeshifter stories, and this looks like a good one!

Josie Barrett brings out the animal in men. Literally. As the local veterinarian in a town that’s approximately seventy percent Others - mostly shapeshifters - Josie deals with beastly situations all the time. It’s practically part of her job description. But when the werewolves of Stone Creek, Oregon, start turning downright feral, Josie smells a rat - among other, more dangerous critters.



Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley was also from one of my co-workers. Guess seeing me read every day during lunch gave them the impression that I like books. Another shifter story, about a shifter and a human thrown together. This one is classified as a paranormal romance, so guessing sparks fly. Love it!

Twenty years ago shape, shifters had announced themselves to the world only to be shunted into Shiftertowns” and forced to wear collars that control their hunting and fighting instincts (referred to as “Taking the Collar”).



While I'm being good and not buying any books this month, I am adding to my wishlist with all the good titles I"m finding on everyone's In My Mailbox posts! Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your books! :)

    Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the historical romance books jennifer ashley writes!! I'm sure her paranormals are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pride Mates sounds like my type of book. Shape shifters... I thought maybe they belonged top the lions (Pride) ... let me know how it turns out.
    Posting mine tomorrow..lazy... yes but at least I can keep looking & envy all the Mailbox I see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good books! I liked Born to Be Wild and the others by her too. I have Pride Mates somewhere too. I think it is on my Kindle. I haven't read it yet though. My mailbox is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's HARD to be on a book ban...just so fun to buy, buy, buy books! Hope you enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these books. I hope that you will enjoy them as well. Happy reading. Check out my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Pride Mates a month or so ago. Really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next one in that series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My book buying ban didn't got very well so I hope you do better with yours. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard great things about Pride Mates. I hope you enjoy the new books. :) Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh both of these look really good! Can't wait to see your reviews!

    ReplyDelete