In My Mailbox (49) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (49)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Saturday, August 7, 2010

In My Mailbox (49)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Received an ARC of Radiance by Alyson Noel from the publisher, via Shelf Awareness. As soon as I saw it was by Alyson, I knew that I had to request a copy!

Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley . . .


From the Library:


Red Hot Fury by Kasey macKenzie is one of the books I already had on hold at the library, so my book ban and the August Read Your Own Book Challenge don't apply. It has immunity! Honest! :D

As a Fury, Marissa Holloway belongs to an Arcane race that has avenged wrongdoing since time immemorial. As Boston's Chief Magical Investigator for the past five years, she's doing what she was born to: solving supernatural crimes. It's far from business as usual when the body of one of Riss's sister Furies washes up in Boston harbor. Riss discovers that the corpse's identity has been magically altered, but as soon as she reports her findings, she's immediately - and inexplicably - suspended from her job. Then a human assassin makes an attempt on her life, and Riss starts to realize that someone may be trying to stir up strife between mortals and Arcanes.


Purchased:

Isn't Eeyore the cutest thing you've ever seen? Stopped off at Kohl's this morning, and he's one of the Kohl's Cares featured plush toys. I adore Eeyore and since he is book related, figured I would include him this week. :)


Get anything awesome in your mailbox this week?

15 comments:

  1. You included Eeyore, way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Eeyore is my idol, I'm thrilled that you included him. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was so excited when I saw Eeyore, as they've only had Tigger my last few visits. I thought of you as soon as I saw him Ryan, as I know you're a big Eeyore fan! I'm a sucker for adorable stuffed animals! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Eeyore is the best. :) The first book sounds really good, I do hope it is. :P Enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of Radiance, I can not wait to get my hands on a copy of this book!! Hope you enjoy all your books.. Please stop by and check out my mailbox! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeyore is too cute for words. Radiance looks good and will have to hit my library to see if they might have a copy.

    Have a great week and an even better reading week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeyore~ I want my childhood back now. =(

    Anyway, Red Hot Fury looks awesome! Will you be reviewing it? Can't wait to know what your thoughts!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice week you've had! I hope you like all the books :0) Check out my IMM at It's Time to Read! I love eeyore - I'm jealous! Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Radiance was great! I hope you enjoy it! Your Eeyore is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your mailbox...the books are great and Eeyore, TOO CUTE. ^_^ Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Radiance looks great and Eeyore is freaking adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am curious to see what you thing of Red Fury. I have heard its not a bad book, but not out of the world either. I do hope you enjoy it, as I want to get it as some point here. :) Have a great week.

    If you would like to stop by I have my Monday's Beginnings up...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u