Anyone interested in some free books? | Alexia's Books and Such: Anyone interested in some free books?

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, August 23, 2010

Anyone interested in some free books?

SenoraG at Reading, Reading and Life posted about a free book exchange club awhile back, and I decided to take part. It's sort of an informal book club. There is NO money involved, except postage for one book, so it's both legal and FUN!

All you have to do is send a new (or gently used) copy of a paperback book to the person listed on the back of your contact letter. There is no need to box the book, as a padded envelope is fine. You copy and forward the contact letter to six of your friends, so it's like a cross between a book exchange and a chain letter. You should eventually receive 36 books (if no one breaks the chain). I've been told that the chain is seldom broken by anyone since you're only responsible for mailing one book.

I decided to give it a go to see what happens, and I've already mailed a book to the person listed on my letter. Now I need 6 people who are interested in continuing the chain. Thought I had people lined up at work, but that fell through. I figured I would follow SenoraG's lead and open it up to my fellow book bloggers. If you are interested in taking part, please leave a comment with your email address, or send your mailing address to Alexia561@yahoo(dot)com and I'll mail you a copy of the instructions.

There will be an address where you mail the book on the back of your contact letter, and I'll include six address labels for you to put on your copies of the letter. Then you forward the copies with my address to six of your friends, with six labels for them to put on their letters. See how it's like a chain letter? Hope this isn't too confusing!

So, anyone want to give it a shot? It will only cost you the price of mailing one book, and there's the possibility of receiving up to 36 books from all across the country! Sounds like a win-win!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting and a perfect way of not breaking my self imposed book ban - I'm not buying the books after all. Thanks, I'm away to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun idea...alas, my reading list is a bit too full right now to consider taking part, but perhaps another time. Can't wait to see how it turns out...keep us posted! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to do this! (And great idea to go to your blog with it!)

    Benz1966 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u