In My Mailbox (48) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (48)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, July 31, 2010

In My Mailbox (48)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.


Purchased:
I had pre-ordered this months ago, so was a nice surprise when As Lies the Dead by Kelly Meding showed up in my mailbox!

Evangeline Stone, a rogue bounty hunter, never asked for a world divided between darkness and light……or the power to die and live again in someone else's borrowed body. After a murder plot meant to take her out leaves an entire race of shapeshifters nearly extinct, Evy is gnawed by guilt. So when one of the few survivors of the slaughter enlists her aid, she feels duty-bound to help—even though protecting a frail, pregnant shifter is the last thing Evy needs, especially with the world going to hell around her.


Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane called out to me from the shelf as I was happily wandering Barnes and Noble. How could I resist?

For Chess Putnam, finding herself near-fatally poisoned by a con psychic and then stopping a murderous ghost is just another day on the job. As an agent of the Church of Real Truth, Chess must expose those looking to profit from the world’s unpleasant little poltergeist problem—humans filing false claims of hauntings—all while staving off any undead who really are looking for a kill.




Can't wait to see what everyone received this week!




16 comments:

  1. I have that first book on my amazon wishlist and I don't remember when or why I put it there. ha! I think it's a series, right? I think I did it because it's one I'd like to try out at some point but never remember it when I am in a store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your new books. I keep hearing great things about the Stacia Kane book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo these both sound like exciting reads! I had heard of As Lie the Dead, but Unholy Magic is a new one! I'll be interested to hear what you think! Enjoy!

    Casey
    The Bookish Type

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when the books get a little noisy from the shelves? You just really can't resist when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! Enjoy reading them.
    My first IMM post-
    http://books-love-affair.blogspot.com/2010/08/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read As Lies the Dead by Kelly Meding!!

    Happy reading :)
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some good ones that you have this week!!

    Feel free to check out my Mailbox

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are on my TBR! Though, I have to read the first two Downside books first. I'm late to the party.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luvin' the colors on the Unholy Magic cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered As Lies the Dead July 2, still haven't recieved it. Apparently, the dude "forgot due to family issues" claims he will send it first class, we shall see. I really wanted to read it, and I hate waiting. Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy reading.

    Escape Between The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  11. these sound really good--bounty hunters woo! My TBR list is going to be a mile long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Total cover love on both of these books! Wow! Enjoy them :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green with envy for your As Lies the Dead! Will look it up on Goodreads next. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read either of these and am looking forward to what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books! I purchased As Lies the Dead as well, and looking forward to getting into it. ANd I think you will LOVE Stacia Kanes book. Enjoy!

    If you would like to stop by and check out my Monday's Beginnings...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/mondays-beginnings-49.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u