My New Bookcase! | Alexia's Books and Such: My New Bookcase!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, June 18, 2010

My New Bookcase!


It came! It came! My new bookcase came!

Finally decided on the metal bookcase below, as all of my other bookcases are wood and I thought I would try something different. I really like the look of this one, as it's sort of modern and non-traditional looking. The plan was to take pictures of it as I unpacked it and put it together, but my DH surprised me by having it all put together and set up when I got home from work! What a sweetie! He said that the box was wrapped in bubble wrap, and everything inside was nice and secure. Took him less than an hour, and he says it wasn't hard to put together at all. Going to take his word for it, as I'm not very mechanically inclined (had a hard time putting together my wooden paper towel holder!) *L*


Isn't this sleek looking? Thought it would make the perfect home for some of my overflowing TBR pile!



Ta-da!

This new bookcase was supposed to be home for some of my TBR books, but wound up housing my BEA books instead. Hey, they had to go somewhere as we sort of needed our dining room table back. :)

Did manage to save the top shelf for review copies, so that cleared off some space on my end table. Every little bit helps! This is absolutely the last empty wallspace I have in my home right now! Not thrilled that it's right next to the front door, but we hardly ever use that door as most people use the side entrance. And I have to admit that I like the reflection of the books in the mirror behind the bookcase. Makes my collection look even larger! :)

As you can see, it holds quite a few books even though it's only three shelves. The shelves themselves are nice and sturdy, so I'd have no hesitation filling it with hardcovers. Sometimes hardcovers are so heavy that wooden shelves bow in the middle from all the weight, but think that's a great advantage to sturdy metal shelves. The only thing I would hesitate to put on these shelves would be stacks of paperbacks, as the back isn't solid, so they may accidentally get pushed through. Overall, I am thrilled with my new bookcase!

Many thanks to CSN Stores for letting me review one of their marvelous products! I love browsing their stores, as they have a humongous selection and you're sure to find something to fall in love with! I've been very happy with every product I've received from them, from my footrest to my cat's scratching post to this new bookcase. I'm already putting together my next order, as CSN Stores rock!


12 comments:

  1. Nice. Now you'll have to buy another one to house the books you were going to house on this one. Also as you have all that extra shelving space you'll have to buy more books so it doesn't look so empty - a wonderful excuse for buying yet more books and I didn't feel so guilty when I made it one of my excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the yellow things on the bottom of the spine of some of the books?

    BTW Love the look of that bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the bookcase...though I would have gone for a wood one, this seems like its a good fit for you! LOL on clearing the table...how did you know that's where my TBR pile is? Happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I think I'm going to need a new one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I can always use more bookcases, LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh it looks wonderful! I'm glad to hear it was easy to put together too.

    Btw here from The Saturday Network! Your blog is great :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Petty Witter - Ooooh, I like the way you think! :D

    April - The yellow things are little post-its. I put them on the spines to remind me when they'll be released, so I'll know when to read and review them. :)

    Ryan - Thanks Ryan!

    GMR - Seems like we all cover the dining room table with our TBR piles at some point!

    Tara & Marie- One can never have too many bookcases! :D

    Sara - Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really nice. I ike CSN products. They are a great company to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam - Couldn't agree with you more! I've been really pleased with everything I've received from CSN, and am getting ready to place a new order!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can hear all the oooohhhsss and ahhhs. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shelf! I like how it is black, and shiny. :) Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u