Clear Away the Clutter Challenge - Wrap Up Post | Alexia's Books and Such...: Clear Away the Clutter Challenge - Wrap Up Post

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Clear Away the Clutter Challenge - Wrap Up Post

The Clear Away the Clutter mini-challenge was a great idea thought up by Kate over at The Neverending Shelf. The goal was to read as many books as possible, then pass them along so they will no longer clutter up your shelves.

I was aiming for the Mini-Packrat Level, which was to read and remove 10 books from my groaning shelves. Here are the final results from my original list:

Original Sin by Allison Brennan
Live The Life You Love by Dr. Susan Biali
Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay
Seeing Things by Patti Hill
The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
Stressed in Scottsdale by Marcia Fine
Power of Half by Kevin Salwen
Spiral Hunt by Margaret Ronald
Wild Hunt by Margaret Ronald
Admit One by Emmett James
Cry Mercy by Toni Andrews
Evermore by Alyson Noel
Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
Tainted by Julie Kenner
Torn by Julie Kenner
Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith

As you can see, I only read 8 books off the list instead of the 10 that was my goal. *sigh* Another failed challenge. But while I didn't read all of the books on this list, I did manage to fill an entire paper grocery bag full of paperbacks to donate to my local library! Does that count as clearing away some clutter?

All in all, I really enjoyed this challenge! Think it's a great idea, and hope that Kate decides to host this challenge again as I can't seem to stop collecting books. It's a sickness, I know. But of all the vices out there, books are not a bad addiction to have. At least, that's what I keep telling my husband! *L*


12 comments:

  1. What a great challenge - one I should have joined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to put my books that I have read into a giveaway, at least the ones that are not keepers. Unfortunately - I find a lot of keepers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your challenge. I say filling a donate bag counts but who am I? LOL

    I have the sickness too. I have books everywhere, plus a Kindle, plus my phone. It's never ending.

    Could be worse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge idea. Wish I'd known. And reading 8 out 10 is a success in my book. Donating to a library, another success. You rock, girl! Too many books is better than too many teacups everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petty Witter - I'm hoping that Kate will host this one again, as I think it's a great challenge!

    Sheila - Think I need to do more giveaways, as I ran out of shelves a looooooong time ago! *L*

    SenoraG - You're right, it could be worse! Told my DH that I could be addicted to jewelry instead! :D

    Kittie - Thanks! But the teacups sound like a pretty cool collection as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's a book I really like, I just can't get rid of it. I never know when I will want to read it again. The one caveat is ARCs, I will always give out those, unless they are signed. It's sad when I have caveats for caveats.

    And if you have to have an addiciton, at least books are educational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job. If books are the only vice one has, I think everyone would be doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan - Think that's my problem as well! Never know if I might want to read it again, although I rarely do. And you're right, books are not a bad addiction to have!

    Pam - Thanks! Now could you please talk to my DH and convince him?*L*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you may not have read all the books but at least you did it. I didn't even give it a try. It is a struggle every day with my BB addiction. (Book Buying) :) Do you have enough room for all the new ones you brought home?

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww 8 of 10 is a great job hun! And I would so count the ones you gave away to the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did great! Every step taken is a step in the right direction. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa - Love it! BB Addiction!Actually, all of my BEA books are sitting on the dining room table for now, as I have no room. Time for a new bookcase! :)

    Mel - Thanks for the kind words! Need to clear away some more to make room for my new BEA babies!

    Marie - I like that! Every step taken is a step in the right direction. Definitely words to live by!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u