In My Mailbox (43) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (43)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 29, 2010

In My Mailbox (43)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books. Small mailbox this week, as I'm working on a separate post for my BEA books.


Received a gift card from Barnes & Noble the same week they sent me an awesome coupon, so couldn't resist finally ordering Bite Me by Christopher Moore. Love his books, as he has an amazing sense of humor!

I always check out the sale cart whenever I visit my local library, and this one caught my eye. Had never heard of The Accidental Sorcerer by K.E. Mills before, but I read the first page and it made me laugh. Couldn't beat the price either, so grabbed it before it disappeared!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone received this week, especially the BEA books!



6 comments:

  1. I scrolled back for your BEA adventures. Chuckled over your hotdog. That's hungry! I enjoyed how your writing flows and covers much, particularly the book reviews. If ever I get into that position, I think you could give a fair opinion of what I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the BEA posts, it's good to have all that information.

    I've heard a lot about the first book you mention but must admit I haven't heard of The Accidental Sorcerer or the author. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sound of the Accidental Sorcerer does seem like lots of fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kittie - Thank you Kittie! I really appreciate your kind words, as I do my best. :)

    Petty Witter - I'd never heard of The Accidental Sorcerer either, but it looked like a fun read so couldn't pass it up. Love my library sale cart!

    Ryan - Hope it's as good as the blurb made it sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The accidental sorcerer does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like great reads. The Accidental sorcerer sounds great. I hope you enjoy it and look forward to your reviews. :) And for the BEA posts, I just want to say I am soooo jealous of you. You really had a great time and quite a load to come home with. I just wish I could have gone. :) But at least you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u