In My Mailbox (41) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (41)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, May 16, 2010

In My Mailbox (41)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Received a review copy of Mothers & Other Liars by Amy Bourret from the publisher, via Shelf Awareness. Sounds intriguing!
Ten years ago, Ruby Leander was a drifting nineteen-year-old who made a split-second decision at an Oklahoma rest stop. Fast forward nine years: Ruby and her daughter Lark live in New Mexico. Lark is a precocious, animal loving imp, and Ruby has built a family for them with a wonderful community of friends and her boyfriend of three years. Life is good. Until the day Ruby reads a magazine article about parents searching for an infant kidnapped by car-jackers. Then Ruby faces a choice no mother should have to make. A choice that will change both her and Lark's lives forever.

Contest Wins:

Won a copy of How To Never Look Fat Again by Charla Krupp from Pam over at Mom's Mutterings. This book promises over 1,000 ways to dress thinner, so I have high hopes! Think it's time I moved on from my loose t-shirts and jeans, and started dressing like a grown up. Buh-bye comfy tees! *sigh*


From the Library:
none

Purchased:
none this week...I'm being good in preparation for BEA! :-)


Looking forward to seeing what everyone received this week!



10 comments:

  1. Oooh, Mothers and Other Liars has been on my TBR so I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dressing like a grown-up is highly overrated. I dress for comfort. Everyone has to develop their own style. I hope you learn lots when you read the book though. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mothers and Other Liars sound promising, and I hope the second book lives up its name! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need the book to learn how to dress like a grown up and hide the bulg! Congrats on not buying any books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEEEE!!!!! You said BEA! :) Sorry - I am a bit excited! Mothers And Liars looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really good! Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's to much trouble to dress like a grown up. Of course this is coming from someone who's teenager is always trying to make her look less frumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you got some intersting books to read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice selection....and congrat's on "being good" in prep for the BEA event. That should be fun, wish I was going...but alas, will have to experience this one vicariously through fab bloggers such as yourself. There's always next year....happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u