In My Mailbox (39) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (39)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 1, 2010

In My Mailbox (39)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Received a review copy of The Dream of Perpetual Motion from the publisher. Very excited to read my first steampunk novel! Have heard that there's a whole steampunk culture out there, so how cool is that?

Received a review copy of The Journey Home by Michael Baron from the publisher. It's supposed to be a love story, but from the male perspective. Sounds intriguing!

The Reckless by Andrew Gross was a nice surprise to find in my mailbox this week! It came from the publisher, so am excited that I seem to have made someone's reviewer list! Very cool!

Received a review copy of The Map of True Places by Brunonia Barry in the same package as The Reckless. This is a big deal for me, as this is only the second time I've received unsolicited books in the mail. And yes, I did a little happy dance when I opened the package. *L*

Contest Wins:

Won a copy of The Smart One and the Pretty One from Sheila over at Book Journey. Wanted to read this one ever since I saw the title. My sister was a cheerleader in high school. I worked on the school newspaper. 'Nuff said. ;)


From the Library:
nothing this week

Purchased:
Love Diana Rowland, so when Borders sent me a coupon for 33% off, knew I had to go pick up Blood of the Demon immediately! I swear that they keep an eye on me because every time I vow to cut back on buying new books, they send me hard-to-resist coupons!


Looking forward to seeing what everyone got in their mailboxes this week!



13 comments:

  1. A lot of your books look fabulous! I love the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week! The Map of True Places looks so interesting! Can't wait for your review.

    Happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky! I want to read The Map of True Places. I've gotten a couple unsolicteds but nothing that good

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great haul! Congrats on getting on a review list, that's always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice books this week.I hope you enjoy your new books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the Smart One and the Pretty One last month and really liked it - its a fun read!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Steampunk so I hope Dream of Perpetual Motion is good!! Congrats on the publishers sending you the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of the steampunk book, the cover is absolutely amazing. I just got ahold of Brunonia Barry's first book, The Lace Reader so I'm excited to see what you think of this one. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to the review on The Dream of Perpetual Motion. It looks really good. :) I may have to get it. I have so badly wanted to get into Dian Rowland's books too. I have you enjoy it.

    You really do have some amazing books here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to read The Smart One and the Pretty One.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice mailbox! LOL on the happy dance for the unsolicited books...good for you! ^_^ Hoep you enjoy your loot this week...very curious to see your review on a few of those. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u