IMM: BEA Edition | Alexia's Books and Such: IMM: BEA Edition

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 29, 2010

IMM: BEA Edition

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. As I was fortunate enough to attend BEA this year, thought I would do a special post on the books I received. I've included links to Goodreads for more information on the books. Hope I spelled and linked everything correctly, as I'm still exhausted! :-)



Tuesday:


Juliet by Anne Fortier
West of Here by Jonathan Evison

Wednesday:

Star Wars by Rufus Butler Seder
Sourland by Joyce Carol Oates
In The Arms of Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Live to Tell by Lisa Gardner
The Enemy by Charlie Higson
The 13th Reality by James Dashner
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Nonna's Book of Mysteries by Mary Pope Osborne
Ascendent by Diana Peterfreund
Zombie Chasers by John Knoepfer
She Said, She Said by Celeste O Norfleet
Manifest by Artist Authur
Intertwined by Gena Showalter
My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
Inside Out by Maria V Snyder

Thursday:

Married With Zombies by Jesse Peterson
Death Most Definite by Trent Jamieson
Secrets of Camp Nokimos (American Girl title for niece)
Braving the Lake (American Girl title for niece)
Hard Magic by Laura Anne Gilman
Unraveled by Gena Showalter
Clementine, Friend of the Week by Sara Pennypacker
Spy Glass by Maria V Snyder
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
Shards of Summer by Kelly Jameson
The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas
Witch & Wizard by James Patterson
Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
Bound by Antonya Nelson
Into the Dark by Gena Showalter
Fat Vampire by Adam Rex
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
God's Guest List by Debbie Macomber
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
Reckless by Cornelia Funke
The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell
Matched by Ally Condie
Dead On by Ann Kelly
The Obelisk by Howard Gordon
Hero by Mike Lupica
The Emporer of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee
Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber


Sturdiest Tote Bag:

Harlequin's tote was incredibly large and very sturdy, so I didn't have to make too many trips to drop off books to my suitcase. There were bigger totes out there, but I was very happy with this one!


Prettiest Tote Bag & Book:


Was walking by the Penguin booth when I saw that Jan Brett was signing her book! And as we were waiting in line, they started handing out these gorgeous tote bags! Squee!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else picked up at BEA this year!




24 comments:

  1. Looks like you made out pretty well! I know I did, but most of my books are still en route via UPS. I'm not even quite sure what all I have yet. Honestly, the funniest thing for me right now is reading about what books other people grabbed, knowing in my head I have to have gotten in the neighborhood of 50, and then seeing that mine and other peoples' BEA collections seem to overlap only slightly! Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at that loot! Looks like you BEA'd well :) I haven't heard of many of these books, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you the one who was posting that you didn't get Clockwork Angel after waiting? I posted after you that you are welcome to mine as soon as I am done with it in a couple of weeks if you still want it.

    Monica
    mojo09226(AT)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you got some awesome books! I don't have any of my books yet, as I shipped them all home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good haul! I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan - It will be like Christmas when you finally get your BEA box! I'm noticing that there aren't very many overlaps with other people either. Crazy is right! *L*

    alitareads - I tried to be selective as I knew I had to carry the books home with me, but some of them were so hard to resist! Had one editor guarantee me that I would love the book, and made me promise to email her once I read it. Hope it's as good as she said!

    Monica - I missed a few titles, but not that one. Thanks for the offer!

    Tara - That's how I felt after reading about BEA09, so HAD to attend this year! Hope you can make it to BEA11!

    Erica - You're going to have so much fun unpacking your boxes! Can't wait to see what you got!

    Donna - Thank you! I'm still a little in shock after the whole BEA experience. But it's a good shock! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your books look so good! I had to pop in and see you mailbox post. I am not doing one until next week.... it will probably be a monster - LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm a little envious right now, and kicking myself for having to work instead of joining you guys for all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! look at all those books, you sure did well!

    I am sure you won't running out of books to read for the forseeable future ;o)

    Glad you had a great time, i am in the UK i would of loved to have attended.

    Naomi

    @ naomisbookreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alexia, wow, you got some great books. I'm really jealous you got to go. I'd really like to go next year. Just curious, did your husband go with you? You mentioned he reminded you to eat first, and I wondered if he was waiting for you in the hotel while you scored all those books or if he was reminding you from home. My husband is not into reading like I am, but he's already agreed to go with me next year...just to carry my books. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila - Looking forward to seeing your monster IMM post! :)

    Ryan - Hope you can make it next year, as it was so much fun!

    Naomi - Thanks for stopping by! And you're right, I don't think I'll be running out of books any time soon! *L*

    Lynne - How lucky that your DH offered to go with you next year! Mine just waved goodbye and told me to have fun! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG You have sooo many books! I'l be looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul! I'm already planning on going back next year :)
    Cool about getting Fat Vampire - I didn't get in line quick enough for that one. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am salivating at all of that loot! What cool tote bags too! Thanks for sharing - so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That's a lot of books. It's probably good I wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very jealous of your LOOT!
    Also loved the pics from the BEA convention. Will have to dedicated a day to read all that you have done!
    WOW! Eyes salivating over the LOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. bookmagic - :D

    BookMogul - Can't make up my mind which ones to read first! *L*

    Emily - I'm hoping to go back next year as well, as I loved meeting so many of my fave authors!

    Amused - They were giving out so many cool totes, but I tried not to be greedy. *L*

    Pam - You would have loved it! Maybe next year?

    PK Reeves - Thank you! Had the best time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You got the mother load! I adore tote bags...both of those are awesome. I really hope I can go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all the links.. a few have been added!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a ton of books. Welcome back from BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! Where do I start? You have an amazing stack, nope sorry, You have amazing stackS of books here. I have counted 7 books that are on my wish list here, and there are some I have not heard of yet that sound interesting to me as well. This is quite some haul! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Michelle - I'm a huge fan of tote bags, so was thrilled I snagged Jan Brett's, as her drawings are so beautiful!

    Shellie - I've been adding titles to my wishlist as well, which is crazy because it's so huge already! I just can't resist all those good books out there! *L*

    pussreboots - Thank you! I had sooo much fun! :D

    Melissa - BEA was book heaven! So glad I was able to go, and fingers crossed I can go next year as well!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u