Book Review: The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen | Alexia's Books and Such...: Book Review: The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, May 7, 2010

Book Review: The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

In her latest enchanting novel, New York Times bestselling author Sarah Addison Allen invites you to a quirky little Southern town with more magic than a full Carolina moon. Here two very different women discover how to find their place in the world - no matter how out of place they feel.

Hardcover: 288 pages
Publisher: Bantam (March 16, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0553807218
ISBN-13: 978-0553807219

My Thoughts:
This is an incredibly sweet, quirky story about a girl who comes to live with the grandfather she never knew. After her mother died, Emily is sent to live with her grandfather. Her mother never mentioned the past, so Emily has no idea what to expect when she arrives in town.

Emily soon discovers that Mullaby is a magical place; her grandfather is known as the Mullaby Giant, the wallpaper in her bedroom changes patterns to match her mood, ghostly lights dance in her backyard, and a boy with a mysterious secret promises to tell her why her mother left town so many years ago.

Gave this a 4/5 rating as I really enjoyed everything about the book! Think it's a great light, summer read. The author is incredibly talented, as she made me believe that Mullaby was a magical place. And I so want that wallpaper! *L*

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good book. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Plus, you will get to see Sassie's cute little face whenever you look at your followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks so sweet! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this book sounds really great, I've added the book to my "to buy" list. :) Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of the wallpaper changing with my mood. :) Sounds like a fun quick read, that is perfect for the summer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so kicking myself for missing the chance to review this title! I remember seeing it come around for an upcoming release but I didn't give it a chance...should have! The reviews I've read, including yours, lend the author great credibility for a fun weekend read, magic and all. Thanks for sharing....I'm definitely going to have to put this on my wish list. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the author's last book and liked it. I was not aware that she had another one out. I will look for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u