Monday, May 10, 2010

Book Expo America!

Am unbelievably excited about Book Expo America! It's almost here, and I'm starting to see posts pop up here and there around the blogosphere. Pam over at Bookalicio.us has started a BEA packing list meme. Jen at Devourer of Books is putting together a useful list of must-see events, as the BEA website is not very user-friendly. A few people like Kristi at The Story Siren and April at Good Books and Wine have posted forms on their blogs to try and plan where/when/how bloggers can meet up.

I've gone to the BEA website a few times, but to be honest, it's a little overwhelming. There are so many great authors that I want to meet! And some of the panels look interesting, but which ones should I choose? I've started to just write down every author I would like to meet, and figure that I'll prioritize later. My fear is that I might miss the next big thing because I have no clue. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'll be wandering around lost half the time, but maybe I'll stumble across something amazing that way!

Right now, Wednesday and Thursday look pretty full, but what about Tuesday? I've heard on Twitter that several people are flying into town that day, but what about the rest of you? I know that I want to attend the Editor's Book Buzz, but that's not until 4:30 in the afternoon. The 7 x 20 x 21 presentation might be interesting, but that's at 3pm.  Right now, I don't have anything planned for the morning, so maybe I'll try to meet up with my fellow bloggers.

How about you? Anyone going to BEA this year? Who is on your must-see list of authors? I know that I can't wait to meet Rachel Vincent, Richelle Mead, Lauren Oliver, Diana Peterfreud, Gena Showalter, and Jeri Smith-Ready. Going to try and get tickets for Lee Child, but I've heard that tickets go fast. There's several others on my list, but those are the ones I don't want to miss. Haven't really looked at the panels yet, but there's supposed to be some good ones.

BEA is approaching so fast! I'm excited and nervous and giddy and worried all at the same time. I know that I need to wear comfortable shoes and have business cards and that I shouldn't dress like a bum. I need to bring water and snacks and a comfortable bag. I shouldn't be greedy and should ask before taking books. I wonder if they'll let me have more than one copy so I can do a contest? Some people have said you need money for the autographs, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'm going to bring a small notebook so I can take notes throughout the day, and my camera of course. I know that I'll probably forget something, but will do my best to just roll with it and enjoy! I'm going to BEA! Woo hoo! *shivers with excitement*

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading more. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! If anyone still wants to contribute to my list of interesting things, I will probably compile everything Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very jealous. I want to go to BEA too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I can't wait! I hope to see you there hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you and everyone going have a wonderful time! It does sound like a wonderful experience. :) Think of me while you are there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous!!! Have tons of fun and be sure to tell us how everything is. I'm living vicariously thru you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete