In My Mailbox (40) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (40)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 8, 2010

In My Mailbox (40)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Received a review copy of Revenge Served Cold by Jackie Fullerton from The Candance Group.

Kathy Spence awakens in the middle of the night and finds herself in a living nightmare. Her husband has been run down and she is the primary suspect. With an eyewitness to the crime and proof that her car was the murder weapon, it appears to be an open and shut case. Terrified for her future, Kathy turns to amateur sleuth Anne Marshall for help. Believing in Kathy s innocence, Anne launches her own investigation, uncovering proof of a conspiracy that reaches from Kathy's past and threatens her own life. In a race against time, Anne must count on her close friends and even the ghost of her father to help her bring a killer to justice before it s too late.


Received a review copy of The Dark End of the Street from the publisher, via Shelf Awareness. I have a weakness for anthologies, and when I saw that Lee Child was one of the contributors, I couldn't resist!

In one fast-paced story, a strong and aggravated man considers the pretty woman at the bar while he fingers the knife in his pocket. But what becomes of his prey when they move to the bedroom? In another tale, a man remembers the victim of a ghastly murder who visited the same hair salon as he does. And a Don Juan of a protagonist has a hobby of marrying vulnerable women, getting access to their bank accounts, and then robbing them blind. But there is much more to this collection than dark-haired vixens and crimes of passion. Some stories are brooding, some twisted; some bring righteous satisfaction, some linger in the back of your mind...


Contest Wins:
none

From the Library:

Debbie Macomber is one of those writers I always turn to when I need a happily-ever-after read. She's extremely talented, and I really enjoy her Cedar Cove series. 92 Pacific Boulevard came out last fall, but I'm just now getting around to it. Looks like another good one!


Changes is the 12th book in Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series. I adore Harry, but never really got into the TV version of the Dresden Files. I have a quirk where I always seem to prefer the books. Harry's old girlfriend Susan makes an appearance, and could it be true that Harry has a *gasp* daughter???


Purchased:
none - I was good this week! ;)

Anyone get anything good in their mailbox this week?



5 comments:

  1. No new treasures this week, but I'm ordering the new Rick Riordan book this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about debbie macomber! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing good things about the Harry Dresden books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark End of the Street sounds really good and I love the cover. You can never go wrong with the Harry Dresden books, though I started with the TV show so I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mailbox! The Debbie Maccomber book is familiar....oh, I know....we've had promo bookmarks of the cover at our local book store! Haven't read her books, but gotta love the artwork. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u