In My Mailbox (37) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (37)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, April 10, 2010

In My Mailbox (37)

In My Mailbox (37)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books. After a few weeks of a constantly empty mailbox, the book fairy finally came through for me!


For Review:
Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
Received an ARC of Still Missing by Chevy Stevens from the publisher. This is about a woman who was abducted, her year in captivity, and trying to put her life back together after a daring escape. It's listed as a not-to-be missed thriller, and the first paragraph really grabbed my attention! Due out in July.


So Cold the River by Michael Koryta
Received an ARC of So Cold the River by Michael Koryta from the publisher. A filmmaker is hired to make a documentary about a mysterious billionaire. A few hours after his arrival, he starts hallucinating. There's an evil hotel at the center of it all, which reminds me a little of The Shining. Should be interesting! Due out in June.

Purchased:
Mage in Black by Jaye Wells
I had preordered Mage in Black by Jaye Wells so long ago that it was a nice surprise when this showed up in my mailbox! This is the second book in the Sabina Kane series and I highly recommend the first book, Red-Headed Stepchild, if you haven't read it yet. Jaye rocks!

From the Library:
Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
Had Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep on hold at my local library and was so happy when it finally came in from one of the other branches! When it rains, it pours, right? :-)

So that's four books that came into my house after a small book-drought. That means I'll be donating 8 books to my local library and donating the list price of these books to RIF for my April Challenge. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else received this week, as I love discovering new titles!

Happy reading!



13 comments:

  1. Wow, the books you got for review look amazing! Will definitely be keeping an eye out for those when they release! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Spider's Bite. The AR's look good too.
    I'm trying to read The Bride Collector right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about the Jaye Wells books, hope you enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice books! Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still Missing sounds interesting. As book titles go this one is intriguing, more for the use of 'Still' - even after her escape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews of those books. Spiders Bite sounds like an interesting read as well. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Alexia - I hope all is going well. Haven't really had the chance to talk with you to much lately.

    You have a great list here! I want to get to The Mage in Black, but I have to read the first one. lol. I should be getting the first on in the mail here soon. I have Spider's Bite sitting on my shelf as I did purchase that one. Now I have to find the time to get to all these books. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mailbox! Oooh...I received a copy of STILL MISSING as well! Definitely sounds interesting...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Still Missing is going to be a big hit in the blogs- it's great so far. Hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like some great books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Spider's Bite and The Mage in Black was a quick, fun read for me. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u