Monday, April 5, 2010

Book Review: Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb


Book Review: Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Putnam Adult; First Edition first Printing edition (February 23, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0399156240
ISBN-13: 978-0399156243

Rating:  4/5
Source:  Library

Book Blurb:
Bart Minnock, founder of the computer-gaming giant U-Play, enters his private playroom, and eagerly can't wait to lose himself in an imaginary world, to play the role of a sword-wielding warrior king, in his company's latest top-secret project, Fantastical. The next morning, he is found in the same locked room, in a pool of blood, his head separated from his body. It is the most puzzling case Eve Dallas has ever faced, and it is not a game. . . .


My Review:
Another great Eve Dallas book! This one is a variation on the classic locked room murder mystery. The twist is that the murder victim was playing a virtual reality game at the time of his death, alone in a locked room. Now it's up to Eve and her team to determine how the crime was committed and the identity of the murderer.

This is another good book for those familiar with Eve and her team. She gets assistance from her sexy husband Roarke, as well as her partner Peabody. Feeney, McNab, Dr. Mira, Mavis, and the whole gang make appearances, and there's even a cameo by Trina to strike fear into Eve's heart by doing her hair and make-up for a party! *gasp*

Really enjoyed this book, and am a huge fan of this series! Even though I know that Eve will ultimately solve the crime, the author is still coming up with creative mysteries and original solutions. She also skillfully weaves in the themes of friendship, love, and marriage throughout the book, and I love how much Eve has grown as both a woman and a cop. Highly recommend this whole series! And btw - Roarke is majorly hot! :)

9 comments:

  1. Nice review...I need to read some more of the J. D. Robb books.

    I have an award for you here:

    http://moonbeams-rainbows.blogspot.com/2010/04/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the best series out there. I read book 1 about 18 months ago and set out to collect the rest of the series, as a series MUST be read in order. I read all 30+ novels (and the 7 or 8 anthologies w/ short stories in them)in 6 to 8 batches. Took me about a year. Now here I sit with "Fantasy In Death" at my feet( where it has been for 9 days) dying to start it but knowing when I do that it'll only last at best two days and more than likely one.
    Aren't Roarke and Eve the hottest couple! I just love when Eve's friends are there for support or a part or two!

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything by Nora Roberts (aka J.D. Robb)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo Trina Terror! I feel the same way Eve does about getting coiffed and made up (also same fear about children). I love when she ends up in those situations!

    I am (im)patiently waiting for this in mass market and I will snap it up when it is. I adore this series, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. like mysteries and Nora Roberts, will look into,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great review but I promised myself no more books that are part of a series and I can't see me going back on my promise for this particular book.
    The envy of every man I should imagine - to have your own private playroom, I bet a few would kill for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remembered this was one of your favorite series and was wondering if it lived up for you. I am glad you enjoyed the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've thought about starting this series but I always feel overwhelmed the number of books already out for it.

    Nice review, makes me want to give it a go still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was not familiar with this series, but it sounds really good. Thanks for the recomendation.

    ReplyDelete