I am going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement), but should be back in a month or so. Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Friday, April 30, 2010

April Challenge Wrap-Up


How did it get to be the end of April so soon? The month went by so fast! So let's see how I did for Sheila's April Challenge:

My challenge was that for every book that I resisted purchasing this month, I'd donate the list price of the book to the Reading Is Fundamental organization. RIF puts books into the hands of children who might not otherwise have access. I included any books that were already in the pipeline and were received during the month. Also, every book that came through my door, I said I'd donate two books to my local library!

During the month of April, I won 1 book, received 2 for review, borrowed 4 books from the library, and bought 2 more. That's a total of 9 books that came through my door, so I need to donate 18 books to the library. Yikes! Quick, someone get me a paper bag before I hyperventilate! *pant* *pant* Okay....think I'm okay now. That number took me a little by surprise, but no worries! I can do this! I need the space on my bookshelves anyway, so am sure I can find 18 books to donate. (breathe in, breathe out, breathe in...) *L*

I tried to stay away from the bookstore so I wouldn't be tempted this month, but then Borders decided to play dirty and kept sending me awesome, hard-to-resist coupons. So I caved and bought 2 paperbacks, but I did resist the new Christopher Moore! The list price of those books comes to a little under $40. I'm not really sure what to do about the books I received for review or as a contest win, as I didn't consider those options when I was outlining the rules of this challenge. Technically those books were all free, but to honor the spirit of the challenge and because it's an awesome charity, I'll add them to my total and round it off at an even $100 to donate to RIF.

I'd like to thank Sheila again for coming up with this great challenge! I've already set aside 7 books for the library, so need to cull my shelves a little more to find the rest. And I no longer feel faint, so it's all good! *grin*


1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful. Good job on your challenge and on your donation to RIF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u