Word Verification Balderdash (21) | Alexia's Books and Such: Word Verification Balderdash (21)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Word Verification Balderdash (21)

Word Verification Balderdash (21)
Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Ryan at Wordsmithonia. He is the Balderdash King, so be sure to stop by and check out his site!

Balderdash is a pretty easy game. You know all of those annoying word verifications you come across when posting comments on certain blogs? Be sure to write them down, then play Balderdash by making up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for the week:

Croma:  Childish taunt used by science geeks to compare someone to a prehistoric human, such as a cro-magnon or neanderthal. Not a very effective insult as most Americans are sadly deficient when it comes to human history.

Pances:  The traditional Spring Dance of Pansies. Never before witnessed by humans, the dance is intoxicating to behold and occurs once a century on the first day of Spring.

Hagosses:  Term used to refer to Her Royal Highness, The Queen Dowager of Hags.

Sheessi:  Affectionate term used by male weresnakes for their mates. Addressing a female as such who is not your mate or not a weresnake is punishable by death.

Terrati:  An inhabitant of the planet Terra, fourteenth planet from the sun in the Telusi solar system. A peaceful race, the Terratis have not yet discovered space flight and inter-species contact is limited.


Come across any interesting words this week? Write them down so you can play next week!


7 comments:

  1. LOL! I think I finally get this game. Funny! I will have to participate next week, maybe. :) Great definitions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love them this week. I didn't get mine done because I didn't do much commenting this last week and I'm still in recovery mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played Balderdash for the first time at friends' house last weekend and it was loads of fun! What a fun meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison - Hope you play, as it's something fun to do with all of those annoying word verifications!

    Ryan - Hope you're feeling better! Miss your awesome definitions!

    Bermudaonion - I've never played the real game, just the meme. Need to find some game-loving friends to play with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your definitions always make me laugh. I try to think of definitions when I am typing verifications and I can never be as creative as you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with these words this week. I have fallen way behind on doing my memes and reading blogs this week. I am trying to catch up the fast way here. I have to say I love Sheessi, that really seems like a great term to be used with weresnakes. Perfect! You better watch - someone may pick that one up. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam - Looking at some of my definitions, I seem to be heavily influenced by Star Trek! *L*

    Melissa - Wouldn't be surprised for sheessi to pop up somewhere, as I think it's a cool word! But weresnakes? Ewwwwwww! :p

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u