In My Mailbox (38) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (38)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, April 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (38)

In My Mailbox (38)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

For Review:
None  :(

Contest Wins:

3-Day Cleanse
Won a copy of the 3-Day Cleanse from Pam over at Mom's Mutterings. Love her blog, and she hosts some great contests as well! Hoping this book will help me get back on track with eating right...


Dark Divine nail polish
Won a bottle of Dark Divine nail polish from Erica over at The Book Cellar! It's brighter than I thought it would be, but still a very cool purple-ish color. Now I need to pick up a copy of The Dark Divine and get reading!

From the Library:

Every Last One
Have enjoyed every Anna Quindlen book I've ever read, so have high hopes for Every Last One!

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
Saw Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella mentioned on several blogs, so couldn't resist picking it up when I saw it at the library. Have poor impulse control when it comes to library books! *L*

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen was featured in one of the online newsletters I receive, and it sounded interesting enough for me to request a copy. Naturally, all of my library holds come in at the same time!

Purchased: 

 Mind Games by Carolyn Crane
Have had my eye on Mind Games by Carolyn Crane ever since I first saw it mentioned in the blogosphere. How could I possibly resist a hypochondriac heroine? And when Borders sent me a 33% off coupon, well, guess it was just meant to be! :-)

What did you receive in your mailbox this week?



13 comments:

  1. I am lusting after the new Sarah Addison Allen as I LOVED Garden Spells and I think I shall read Sugar Queen when I am done with the book I am starting just now. This new one has the added bonus of the word "moon" in the title. I love things that have "moon" in them. Don't ask, I don't know. I just have a thing for the moon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the nail polish! how pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard about "Every Last One" but since you enjoyed her books so much. I will have to check it out Happy reading, and I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat - I've never read any of her books before, so good to know that it's lust-worthy! *L*

    Marie - Purple nail polish is one of my faves, so was beyond thrilled when I won this!

    Shantal - Hope you like her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to read Ming Games. I have a copy I just need the time.

    Enjoy all your reads!!

    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, congrats on winning The Dark Divine nail polish. I entered SO many contests for this prize but have come up unlucky. Let's see a photo of it on your nails :)

    Twenties Girl looks pretty good, I've had it on my reading shelf for quite some time now and even borrowed it from the library months beforehand. I don't think I'll ever get around to reading the extremely thick book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books! Three Day Clense looks interesting...would love to hear your thoughts on it.

    Here's my IMM for the week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-42410.html

    I hope you have an awesome Sunday!
    Laura from the Bookie Bunch ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd never heard of Mind Games -- it looks intriguing. I also have my eye on Every Last One and The Girl Who Chased the Moon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like me. How can you resist purchasing a new book when you have a coupon?
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a bottle of polish from Bree Despain last summer. I use it all the time. I absolutely love the color. I also really liked The Dark Divine. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mailbox! Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Mind Games" looks interesting. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really really liked Twenties Girl :) Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u