In My Mailbox (36) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (36)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 13, 2010

In My Mailbox (36)

In My Mailbox (36)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

The Eternal Ones
Received an ARC of The Eternal Ones from the publisher via Shelf Awareness. While the book doesn't come out until August and is so new that Goodreads doesn't even have the book cover online yet, it looks like a good one! Seems to be about love, reincarnation, and soul mates. Intriguing.


Shalador's Lady
Bought this from an Amazon Gold Box offer. Love Anne Bishop and her Black Jewels series, so couldn't resist the good deal! Shalador's Lady is the 8th book in the series, so I need to catch up. If you haven't read this series yet, I recommend you start with the first one, Daughter of the Blood. Great series!

Morgan's Passing
Bought Morgan's Passing for 25 cents at my library book sale. I like Anne Tyler, so thought I would give this one a chance. Have learned that if I don't buy the books when I see them, someone else snatches them up.

Fantasy in Death
Borrowed Fantasy in Death from the library. I was something like number 152 on the hold list, so was surprised when they called to tell me it was in. It's sitting next to me, begging me to put everything else down and read about Roarke's latest adventures. And oh yeah, his wife Eve Dallas is in the book too.

Last Time They Met
Last Time They Met was another book I picked up from my library's sale cart. It's a hardcover, so cost me 50 cents. I've read other books by Anita Shreve and really enjoyed them, so wanted to give this one a chance. As you probably know by now, I can't resist a bargain! *L*

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
Borrowed The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms from the library as it's a featured book on one of the Barnes & Noble book groups this month. The synopsis didn't really grab me, but I've liked every other book they've recommended, so wanted to give this one a try.

Black Magic Sanction
Black Magic Sanction is the latest book in the Rachel Morgan/The Hollows series. Love Kim Harrison, so couldn't resist picking this one up!


Time Raiders: The Avenger
Haven't read a Silhoette Romance book in ages, but this has P.C. Cast's name on it, so it must be good! Another 25 cent bargain from my library's sale cart. Called Time Raiders: The Avenger, it's about time travel and a sexy Druid. Sounds hot! *L*

I seem to be bringing more books into my house recently when I'm supposed to be paring down my TBR piles. Need to ramp up my de-cluttering strategy, as it doesn't seem to be working. I'm blaming the blogosphere, as I'm constantly finding new books I want to read! Not my fault at all...nope...not going to take the blame for my poor self control when it comes to books. :p

Happy reading everyone!



27 comments:

  1. I'm with you on blaming the blogosphere for my exploding TBR stack. It couldn't be my lack of self-control.

    I liked Fantasy in Death. I think you will too.

    I have the new Rachel Harrison and the Hundred Thousand Kingdoms already on my TBR stack. I look forward to hearing what you think of them.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The P.C Cast book sounds interesting, look forward to hearing what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    You have an awesome site that I am now following ... loving this blog hop (",).

    Have a great day!

    http://paranormal-obsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove library sales. Anita Shreve is great. I really liked Testimony. I've also been wanting to start the In Death series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! You’ve received some awards on my blog (“,).
    http://paranormal-obsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got quite a few good books there! I'm jealous! And The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms was actually a really good book I give it about a 4 out of 5 rating! Looking forward to your reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cover - every time I see it of The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. It just pulls you in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Promise you'll like THE AVENGER! I had a blast writing it!

    XXXOOO
    PC

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you've got some great reads! I wish my library would have a sale! It seems everyone elses' is! Oh pity me! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love Anne Tyler..she has really done some great work. Yeah..I blame the blogosphere, too. Every week, IMM and Wow and all the rest...its like a four year old walking into a candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you about the TBR piles... I buy books way faster than I can read them!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is on my wishlist! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books! Seems like my TBR list is always expanding faster than I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover of The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. Hope you like it! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover for The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is really interesting. I haven't heard of the book, but I'll have to check it out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for library book sales! I love everything by Anne Tyler. The Eternal Ones sounds intriguing -- I look forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love library book sales, but I am walking right past them until I get my TBR pile under control.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, Shalador's Lady! I'm two books behind in this series, I must catch up.

    Nice book haul this week. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want that kitty in my mailbox! :-) I have the first Kim Harrison book- gotta get going on it one of these days. I met her at a library conference and got a later book in the series as well. I take it you're a fan? Good to know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like several us this week hit the library sales. Woot Woot.Here'smine

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to find out that I'm not the only one with a weakness for library book sales! My library has a huge sale every September, but always has at least one library cart of books for sale just sitting there, tempting me every time I walk in the door.

    Now please excuse me while I go find a comfortable place to faint... P.C. Cast left a comment on my freaking blog! I LOVE P.C. Cast! OMG OMG OMG :o

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm wondering about the PC Cast book myself. Sexy Druid sure does sound hot!
    Black Magic Sanction should be great, I still have White Witch, Black Curse but can't wait to go to Kim Harrisons book signing and get this one!
    I'm only to book four in Black Jewels series but I'm sure they are all great so I can't wait to hear if this one lives up to your expectations.
    And The Eternal Ones sounds interesting!
    Lucky you! This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got some wonderful books, I'm green with envy right now. Have fun with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice selection there...that first ARC looks interesting, but I can't wait to see what your take is on each of them. Happy reading! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Got a lot of books this week! I like Anita Shreve.. although I've only read 1 (or maybe 2) of her books. It was really good, though. :) I believe it was THE PILOTS WIFE.


    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've added Daughter of the Blood to my list - sounds a fab series (and a nice long one).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great batch of books! I think The Last Time They Met is the only Anite Shreve book I've read but I remember really liking it.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u