In My Mailbox (35) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (35)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, March 7, 2010

In My Mailbox (35)

In My Mailbox (35)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.


Blood Ties by Kay Hooper
Picked up Blood Ties by Kay Hooper at the library. I really like this series, and think this is the 12th book featuring Bishop and his team of psychics.
The elite Special Crimes Unit, the FBI’s most controversial and effective team, is a group of mavericks and misfits trained to use their unique psychic abilities to hunt the worst monsters imaginable - human ones. Led by the enigmatic Noah Bishop, the SCU team has earned a reputation for pitting their skills and cunning against killers that other cops fear. But this time Bishop and his agents face an enemy who has them in his sights, a trained sniper with a deadly plan - and more than one ace up his sleeve.


Lucifer Rising by Barbara Fifield
Received this copy of Lucifer Rising by Barbara Fifield from Reagan at Miss Remmers' Reviews. I was the first to forward a YA review for sort of a quickie contest, so won this book! Woo hoo!
Can Elsa ever escape cult leader Tyrell, a reincarnation of the devil? What about him does she find so mesmerizing? Tyrell has lured women into his snare over many reincarnations. Will he succeed with Elsa? Or will she be able to break away from him? 

Looking forward to seeing what everyone got in their mailboxes this week!


14 comments:

  1. I like both the look and sound of the first book as for Lucifer Rising? The picture puts me off what might be a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to attempt to find blood ties at the library. From the picture on the front of the book, Lucifer Rising looks a little too creepy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that Kay Hooper series sounds amazing! I'm off to go add the whole series to my TBR lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of Lucifer Rising, but it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books look good! Twelve about Bishop and his psychics? I'll have to check my shelves. I think I'm missing some. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover of Lucifer Rising. Enjoy your books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, these too look creepy!! I hope you enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blood Ties sounds really good. Enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some great books in the mail. New to me, so I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover of Lucifer Rising is a little scary looking, isn't it? I'm trying to read outside my usual genres again, so hope it's not too scary! :o

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that you will enjoy your books. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover on Lucifer Rising- wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hm hm.. that's very interessting but to be honest i have a hard time seeing it... wonder what others have to say..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u