Monday, March 1, 2010

Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award

Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award
I received the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award from Laura at Reading and Rooibos. I met Laura during Bloggiesta, and was really impressed with her blog. She was sweet enough to pass this award along to me, and I really appreciate it! I've been called Sugar before, but never Sugar Doll. I like it! :)

The rules are pretty straight forward:
• Thank the person who gave this to you.
• Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
• Link the person who nominated you.
• Name ten fun facts about yourself.
• Nominate ten other bloggers.
• Post links to the blogs you nominate.
• Leave a comment on each letting them know you nominated them.

Let's see.....um, ten semi-interesting, sorta fun facts are hard to come up with! Well, here goes nothing...

1. I've never broken a bone. Have had fractures and sprains, but no breaks (knock wood)
2. I was born in NJ, left at 6 months old, and somehow wound up moving back after 30 years
3. My dad was transferred several times growing up, so all of us kids were born in different states
4. Once went on a 28 day cruise with my parents, leaving my husband at home
5. Speaking of DH, we met in Utah after we were both transferred there for our jobs
6. I collect gargoyles
7. I'm an avid list-maker, and will occasionally add something to a list just so I can cross it off!
8. Two years ago, DH and I renewed our wedding vows with Elvis in Las Vegas
9. I just received my very first set of business cards...feel so "official" now! *L*
10. I'm going to BEA for the very first time this year!!!

Not very fun or interesting, but they all qualify as facts!

I'd like to pass this award along to the following Sugar Dolls:

Donna at Fantasy Dreamer's Ramblings

Kristi at The Story Siren

Marie at The Boston Bibliophile

Rachael at Enchanted by Books

Carolyn at One Book Away From Heaven

Susi at The Geeky Bookworm

Melissa at My World in...Words and Pages

Carrie at In The Hammock

Pam at Mom's Mutterings

Mel at He Followed Me Home...Can I Keep Him?

I know that not everyone posts awards, but I couldn't resist calling these lovely ladies Sugar Doll and passing along this award! And if anyone else would like to be a Sugar Doll, help yourself!

16 comments:

  1. AWWW, I'm so lucky..this is so cute! Thanks so much for thinking of me Alexia :)
    umm 28 days!!! I hope you had fun LOL. Acutally I think I could handle it :)

    and renewed vows with Elvis, I love it! I <3 Vegas and would so do this too :)

    Have an awesome time at BEA!!!! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!, I loved reading your list :D !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you're going to BEA! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award....off to check out a few of the sites you listed that I haven't seen yet. (Have fun at BEA....LUCKY GIRL!) =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci Alexia!
    I keep saying that i'm way over-due for an award post, so this should come any day now ;)
    You collect Gargoyles? You are the first person i met you collect them! It's way more original than collecting pigs or cats (yeah many of my relatives do) =) I find gargoyles both scary AND cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Those are interesting facts. I am very boring compared to you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel - Have to admit that towards the end of the cruise, I was more than ready to get off the ship!

    Shantal - Thanks! Coming up with these lists is hard! :)

    Steph - I heard so much about BEA last year that I couldn't wait to go! Very excited, but nervous at the same time.

    GMR - Think you'll be adding to your blogroll, as these ladies are all great! :)

    pattepoilue - I started collecting them a few years ago, but only have a few. I love the history and mythology. Needless to say, my hubby had a hard time getting me away from the gargoyles at Notre Dame! *L*

    Pam - You, boring? Never! I love reading about all of your trips and hearing about your family adventures! Plus, no one who knows Sassie could ever be considered boring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Alexia Hehe I can only imagine. In Reims (the city where I went to college), there is a Cathedral where all the kings of France were crowned and the Gargoyles there are amazing! I never ceased to be amazed at how beautiful this Cathedral is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK YOU :-)
    Congrats to you and to your other awardees and thank you for thinking of me!
    28 days wihtout my husband and I think I'd open a vein! Good for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great award! Love the sound of it Sugar Doll. lol. Wait till I tell my husband. lol. He is going to laugh.

    You traveled alot, huh. It would be neat and hard at the same time.

    I am soooo behind in the awards posting. I am going to have to set a whole day aside to get caught up with these.

    Thank you for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. pattepoilue - I think my travelling days are behind me, but the Reims Cathedral sounds amazing! Maybe someday... :)

    Marie - Every now & again we take separate vacations, but 28 days was the longest. DH doesn't like cruising, and I couldn't pass up such an amazing opportunity!

    Melissa - I love the sound of Sugar Doll too! I'm still trying to catch up on my award posts as well, as I'm terribly behind! Don't want to lump them all together, so am spreading them out to try to give them the attention they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo - congrats on a fun award! I love that you collect gargoyles and yay to BEA! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh!! This is so sweet, thank you -- Sugar Doll!

    Awesome - Gargoyles. I like that. :)

    Have fun at BEA. Too far for me to go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on your award. Good to get to know you a little better and to be introduced to some new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your award!

    #2 on your list sounds very familiar. We moved from my birth city when I was a baby, and 20 years later I'm right back here :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome, Alexia! :) We definitely have some things in common. List-making is awesome, NJ was my birth state, and my bones are all mercifully unbroken, ha.

    ReplyDelete