Clear Away the Clutter Mini Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such: Clear Away the Clutter Mini Challenge

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Clear Away the Clutter Mini Challenge

Clear Away the Clutter Mini Challenge
Can't believe that I'm actually joining another challenge, but I think Kate at The Neverending Shelf tailor-made this challenge just for me! My TBR piles are taking over and there isn't a clear spot left in my house. Need to declutter before I'm buried under one of these huge piles, or my cat disappears. Love my kitty, so drastic measures are called for! *L*

Clear Away the Clutter's purpose:

If you are like me, you have an abundant amount of review and TBR books that desperately need your attention. This mini challenge will challenge you to read and do something with those titles once they have been completed.

Your goal is read as many titles as you can and pass along those that you do not absolutely want to keep. This means that if you do not plan to re-read a certain book at least once or twice... get rid of it, as it is just clutter.


Guidelines:

•The mini challenge begins March 1st and ends May 31st. You can join at any time once the challenge has begun.

•Anyone is welcome to participate in the mini challenge.

•By the end of the challenge, you MUST get rid of all the titles that you do not absolutely love. You can hold a contest, donate, give to a friend, etc. Your ultimate goal here is to clean off your shelves.

•You do not have to have a blog to participate. If you are interested, please email Kate at neverendingshelf@gmail.com for more information.

•Please create a post for titles you plan to read. You can of course update and modify this list at any time.

•Once a novel is completed, let us know what you plan to do with it. You can put this information beside the title in your challenge list post. Right now, I'm thinking about a contest for all the books I read but don't want to keep.

•Crossover with other Challenges is welcome.

Levels:

Packrat: Read and clean out 5 titles
Mini-Packrat: Read and clean out 10 titles
Organizer: Read and clean out 15 titles
Cleaner: Read and clean out 20 titles

Would love to achieve the Cleaner level, but will aim for the Mini-Packrat level so I don't disappoint myself by failing another challenge. Remember what Casey Kasem used to say...keep your feet on the ground, but keep reaching for the stars. Something like that...  :)

Here are some of the books in my TBR pile I need to work on. This isn't a comprehensive list, just the books I can see from where I'm sitting:

Original Sin by Allison Brennan
Live The Life You Love by Dr. Susan Biali
Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay
Seeing Things by Patti Hill
The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
Stressed in Scottsdale by Marcia Fine
Power of Half by Kevin Salwen
Spiral Hunt by Margaret Ronald
Wild Hunt by Margaret Ronald
Admit One by Emmett James
Cry Mercy by Toni Andrews
Evermore by Alyson Noel
Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
Tainted by Julie Kenner
Torn by Julie Kenner
Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith

Will adjust this list as necessary, but my goal is to reduce my TBR piles so that I can see the top of my bookshelf and end tables again! Wish me luck!


15 comments:

  1. Great idea for a challenge! Good luck! :-) I should do this one, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I should do this challenge, but I probably won't be willing to get rid of anything!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terrible about reading my own books.
    start with The Postmistress- that's a good one.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's ambitious and scary, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to do something about all of my books piling up, so hoping that this will motivate me! Between the review copies, books I couldn't resist buying, and contest wins, it's getting out of control. Don't know how people who receive a dozen books a week manage to keep up! :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My TBR pile is out of control too. I just got a bunch of books in the mail I wasn't expecting.
    I plan to read, read, read for the next week and then read something just for me with no need of a review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing it. Yet, even as I say it, I have the sinking feeling of impending failure. Hahaha

    No, really. My book piles are out of control and I'm TAKING CONTROL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck Alexia! That's super scary - but I too want you to be able to find your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great mini challenge to clean up with. :) You have a great list of books sitting there to read. I am working on Spiral Hunt right now. I think you may like that one, don't know about absolutely loving it but you will really like it (I think). There is so much that happens, I just wasn't expecting that when I got the book. Keeps going, thats for sure.

    Hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I have a LOT of review books I should read.. but they are just.. everywhere! Taking me hostage in my own home! This may be the motivation I need to read them and pass them along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck Rachel! I know that sinking feeling of impending failure very, very well! *L*

    Allison - Taking me hostage in my own home is a good way of putting it! Yet despite my good intentions, I just came home from the library with 5 more books! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unofficially, I'm joining in. I've started doing this - only keeping the ARC's I really want to keep. Unfortunately that still is most of them...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u