Book Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver | Alexia's Books and Such: Book Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Book Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


Book Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 480 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins; 1 edition (March 2, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 006172680X
ISBN-13: 978-0061726804

Rating:  5/5
Source:  ARC received from the Barnes & Noble First Look Program

Book Blurb:

What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: the world's most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High - from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot.

Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last. Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death - and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

My Review:

This book was amazing.

When I finished reading the last page, I just sat there for a bit, letting the story soak in. It was that good. I just wanted to sit and savor and process what I had read.

Lauren Oliver is an amazing writer who got everything right. High School with all it's casual cruelty and pettiness. Teenage girls. How you might feel and what you might do if you realized you were reliving your last day on Earth over and over. She even threw in a joke about the movie Groundhogs Day!

This was an easy 5/5 as I stayed up much too late to finish reading it, even though I had an early morning doctor's appointment the next day. This is not only going on my Keeper Shelf, but I have the feeling that it will be one of the few books I actually re-read. I'm still basking in the glow of an excellent story....



11 comments:

  1. Wow, Alexia, this sounds like a wonderful read! I even really love this cover. I will definitely have to get my hands on it after this raving review! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good read. I have only heard good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review!! I'm glad you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you loved it! I really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was already looking forward to reading this book, but now you've made me even more excited! A keeper and a future re-read? I've gotta get my hands on it! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista - Was a really wonderful read, and I can't recommend it enough!

    Pam - I've heard nothing but good things about it as well, so really glad B&N feathured it as I don't know if I would have picked it up otherwise.

    Carrie - Thanks Carrie! This one really got to me. :)

    Steph - Let me know if you read it, as I'd love to hear what you think!

    alitareads - Think this one is definitely worth re-reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the second 5 out of 5 rating I've seen this book get. I've got to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want to read this book! It's on my list. I think I'm going to have to purchase this book, "Hex Hall," and "Hush, Hush" this weekend! I just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this may be one of my favourite books *ever*, so I'm always happy to hear someone else love it too. *Definitely* re-readable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! For some reason I've been reluctant to pick up this book, but after reading your review I realize I'm being silly :P Off to add this book to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u