Recovery from my bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement) is taking longer than expected, so I'm still offline. Hoping to be back soon, so please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Friday, March 5, 2010

Book Questionnaire

Saw this little book questionnaire over at Brooke Reviews and thought I would give it a try. Love questionnaires, but always seem to have trouble deciding on an answer! Well, here we go....


Rules of this survey - no two answers can be the same book and all books must be fiction.

  1. Book next to your bed right now: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith, and Blood Ties by Kay Hooper
  2. Favorite series:  Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
  3. Favorite book:  Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  4. The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, as it's a pretty big book that I've never found the time to reread :)
  5. Book/series you would take with you on a long flight:  The Hunger Games series, as I've heard so many good things about it
  6. Worst book you were made to read in school:  The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  7. Book that everyone should be made to read in school:  Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  8. Book that everyone should read, period:  The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
  9. Favorite character:  Puck, in all of his various incarnations
  10. Best villain: Sauron from The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien   
  11. Favorite concept series:  Not 100% sure what "concept series" means, but I like the early Anita Blake books
  12. Favorite invented world:  The world in the Study series by Maria V. Snyder
  13. Most beautifully written book:  One Amazing Thing by Chitra Divakaruni 
  14. Funniest book:  One For The Money by Janet Evanovich

Which of the above questions was hardest to answer? All of them! Kept going back and changing my answers. *L*


Let me know if you decide to do this as well, as I'd love to see your answers! :D




17 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try the Neil Gaiman books. I have yet to read one!! And yes, I agree about Harry Potter being one of the best series - ever! (Oh how I am SO relieved you didn't say "Twilight!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison - I adore Neil Gaiman, but my BF doesn't care for him at all. Amazed we're still friends! *L* Twilight as best series? If I ever say that, please shoot me! :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your #7 answer WOW - I can't wait to read that one.

    I think the questions are hard, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. You have given some really interesting answers. I think I'll give this a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MarceJ - Before I Fall really stayed with me...wish I had read it in high school! Questions were really hard to answer, and I kept going back to change them! *L*

    Petty - Will keep an eye out for your answers, as I think you'll have some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I might do it one day next week - I'll let you know. I HATE, HATE, HATED reading Grapes of Wrath in high school.

    And I love Janet Evanovich. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grapes of Wrath, yuck, I agree! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Alexia! I did one - and I agree, there's really no topping Sauron :D

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to do it myself. Thanks for sharing and I love your answers.

    http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2010/03/book-questionnaire.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon - All I can say about the Grapes of Wrath is Thank Goodness for Cliffs Notes!!! :D

    Steph - One of the few books I simply could not get into. Yuk!

    Amelia - Great answers!

    Ryan - Another great job! You and Amelia rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the worst thing I ever had to read in school was "Dante's Inferno." I was so bored I rewrote it into modern English in rhyming couplets.
    Yes, I was pretty much a geek.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, your a brave woman! I hate nailing down my favorite books for anything. I usually plead the 5th. Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your answers! I was keeping track of the ones I would have put the same answers for and it was most of them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh what a fun game. I initially didn't expect it to be all book related! What great answers - such variety and I am so glad to see another Outlander fan out there! Might have to give this a go at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam - Never read Dante's Inferno, but it's on my "someday" list. I was a huge geek in HS, but didn't realize it until later!

    Donna - I kept going back and forth with my answers, then decided to just post it & get it over with! *L*

    Mel - Cool! I've been surprised at how few of the answers I've seen have been the same. Sauron seems to be the only one I've seen more pop up than once.

    Amused - Loved Outlander, but could never read the rest of the series. I want Jamie & Clare to have their happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your answers! I might have to do this questionaire....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u