Beautiful Blogger Award | Alexia's Books and Such: Beautiful Blogger Award

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

Beautiful Blogger Award
Received this Beautiful Blogger Award from Bella, who has a great blog called Obsessed!. I haven't seen this award before and think it's really pretty. Thank you Bella!

The rules state that I'm supposed to list 7 things about myself, then pass this along to other bloggers that I think are fantastic. Honestly, I think I'm running out of unique things to list with all of the games and questionnaires I've filled out lately, but I'll give it a shot.

1. When we adopted our first dog I worried that she would get lonely, so we adopted a second dog to keep her company. Then I wanted a cat so we could have our very own Incredible Journey! Remember that movie? Please don't mock me. ;)

2. We love music almost as much as I love books, so our CD collection is rapidly getting out of control!

3. Despite watching every episode of La Femme Nikita religiously, I still haven't watched the finale because I was so upset with the direction they were heading (have it on tape in case I ever change my mind though!)

4. Though I'm a huge Joss Wheldon fan and love all of his other shows, I could never get into Dollhouse.

5. I'm hooked on HGTV and my current fave is Mike Holmes from Holmes on Homes. The man can rock a pair of overalls like nobody's business! *L*

6. Despite swimming lessons as a child, I cannot swim.

7. Small towns make me nervous. Think I watched too many horror movies as a child or something, but like Lisa Douglas from Green Acres, I prefer the big city please!




11 comments:

  1. Well done on another award. Well deserved, I'm glad of the opportunity of getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award Alexia!

    Haha, it must be great having so many animals around! I would love to have a little cat to cuddle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards and I loved reading those things about you! I love HGTV too - we all have our reasons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award! My husband *loves* Holmes on Homes. We've watched it so many times my husband is convinced he could build his own house and Do It Right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petty - I get a kick out of these memes, as it's a fun way to learn more about your blogging buddies!

    Stella - Only have one cat now, but want to adopt dogs again down the road as they're so much fun!

    Amused - Love HGTV! House Hunters is another favorite of ours. :)

    alitareads - Don't you get a kick out of Mike when he gets mad? Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the lovely award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award! Love the Homeward BOund reference...I DEFINITELY understand! We had a similar instance when we adopted our first pup...then the second...then the...well, you get the picture.
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan - Thank you!

    GMR - Understood! Would love to have a whole houseful of dogs & cats, but we just don't have the room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOl about the Incredible Journey! I think our two cats are incredible enough without adding a dog, although sometimes I see a cute small one. Bryan always says no to the dog idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great list! I love #1 with getting the cat so they can have their own journey. :) We watch those movies all the time.

    It has been so long since I watched La Femme Nikita. I use to love that show. And I would love to live in a small town. Its the big cities that get to me. I never know what or who is around the next corner. lol.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam - Boo to Bryan on the no-dog stance! Although I think Sassie might beat up a small dog, so he may be right on this one. :D

    Melissa - The small town/big city debate is still going on in my household, as my DH would like to move to one. Convinced it was those horror movies that scarred me for life!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u