Would I lie to you? Why yes, yes I would | Alexia's Books and Such: Would I lie to you? Why yes, yes I would

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, February 8, 2010

Would I lie to you? Why yes, yes I would

memCreative Writer Blogger Award
Kathy at Bermuda Onion received the "Creative Writer" Blogger Award from Lesa's Book Critiques and invited us all to play. It looked like fun, so decided to give it a shot. Apparently, I'm a better liar than I thought, as no one guessed my one truth. Good thing this wasn't a video though, as I tend to start laughing whenever I try to tell outrageious lies. :-)

Here are my six outrageous lies and one outrageous truth.

1. After college, I went to Europe with my roommate's brother. He was 39 and worked on an oil rig. I was 22 and jobless. Backpacked the entire continent. Best. Trip. Ever. LIE We had one date, but sadly, he did not take me back to Europe with him

2. On our first trip to London, my husband and I were detained for 7 hours at Heathrow. Convinced it was because our last name is Irish, but the agents wouldn't confirm it. LIE Thought 7 hours was excessive enough that everyone would know this was a lie. Guess not, as this was the one most thought was true.

3. I have itchy feet and have visited 22 different countries. Actual visits; airport layovers don't count.
TRUE! Could've sworn I've talked about my itchy feet before...

4. I'm a linguistic geek and fluent in English, Italian, French, and Spanish. Speak passable Portuguese and German, can read Latin, and struggling to learn Hindi. LIE I'm barely fluent in English, and am linguistically challenged! *L*

5. I was 1st runner up in the Miss Ohio pageant. My talent was tap. LIE But I did take tap dancing lessons once

6. As an intern for Nick Clooney, I briefly dated his son. Who knew the little jerk would grow up to be George Clooney? LIE But did see George once, from a distance. Wish it was true!

7. Was invited to Woodstock, but didn't go because it was supposed to rain. LIE This happened to my husband though, so does that count?

Who knew I was such a good liar? Have a terrible poker face and usually can't stop laughing! Too funny! *L*


8 comments:

  1. Wow. You really are a good liar. Did anyone choose #3? This was fun, Alexia. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very "creative" with the truth. : ) Seven hours doesn't seem excessive with some of the airports I've been in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon - Thanks! Can't get over that no one guessed that #3 was the truth, as I thought the others were too outrageous to believe. :)

    Pam - I originally had it at 4 hours, then upped it to 7, convinced no one would believe we were held that long. And that turned out to be the most popular guess! I was once pulled out of line & questioned when entering Israel, but that took less than 10 minutes. Guy must have thought I was nuts as I was thrilled to be singled out. I am amused by the strangest things...*L*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time let me in. I am good at this game. I got some for ya. Hit me up on email.

    No one would beleive itchy feet in 22 countries, sweetie - sorry. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was hilarious fun!! I would never have guessed #3 either! 22 countries . . . Wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily - Who would have guessed that I'd turn out to be such a good liar that no one believed me when I finally told the truth! *L*

    Tif - Was fun thinking up the lies! The truth was much harder for some reason, as most of my "truths" were boring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this played before, it looks like such fun, I had a good giggle, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u