Word Verification Balderdash (20) | Alexia's Books and Such: Word Verification Balderdash (20)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Word Verification Balderdash (20)

Balderdash
Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Ryan at Wordsmithonia. He is the Balderdash King, so be sure to stop by and check out his site!

Balderdash is a pretty easy game. You know all of those annoying word verifications you have to deal with when posting comments on certain blogs? Be sure to write them down, then play Balderdash by making up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for the week:

Calsa:  New dance club craze combining Salsa dancing with Calypso music.

Warmetic:  An armed conflict instigated by mathematicians who insist that the metric system is the most logical and practical unit of measurement available. 

Coldem:  New pharmaceutical for the treatment of influenza, insomnia, colds, bulimia, and various other illnesses. Side effects may include high fever, headache, nose bleeds, loss of smell, sleep driving, weight gain, chills, and/or temporary blindness. Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.

Holomma:  A three-dimensional image of your mother. Basic models are static; upgrades include assorted animations as well as messages of maternal wisdom, both vocal and written.

Did you come across any fun word verifications this week?


5 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing about Warmetic and Calsa just sounds like a lot of fun. Great words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOod ones! Got to love the side effects of Coldem, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my kids need the holomma to follow them around and fuss at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan - Those mathematicians take their cause pretty seriously, so I'd be careful about laughing at them if I were you... *snicker*

    Mel - I love side effects that are worse then the original condition! I'd rather just suffer the cold, thank you very much! :D

    Pam - I was thinking more maternal support, but you've opened up lots of new marketing possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may need some coldem around for the colds. I don't really like the possible side effects but if it works I'll take it. lol. I would like to check out Calsa too. I would have to learn how to dance but I bet it would be fun!

    Great words as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u