Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reading Challenge Check-in


The Reading Challenge Checkin was put together by J.Kaye over at J.Kaye's Book Blog. It's a monthly update to keep track of our reading challenges throughout the year. Think this is a great idea, as otherwise I tend to lose track of the challenges I signed up for. Here are the challenges I've signed up for and my current status:



2/24 as of the end of January.
Am right on schedule for this challenge, as I need to read at least two books a month to complete the 24 books needed. The new year is starting off on a good note!


2/12 books as of the end of January.
Am actually ahead of schedule for this one. Yea!


0/10 books by the end of January.
Oops! Spoke too soon, as I haven't read any books for this challenge yet. Need to get busy, but still have time as I only need to read 10 books by the end of the year.


6/100 books as of the end of January.
Am a little behind already, as I wanted to read 9 books a month in order to finish the 100 book challenge before the end of the year. Have to get reading!


1/50 books by January 31st.
Okay, I'm behind on this challenge as well. Need to read at least 4 library books a month to make my goal of 50 by the end of the year. This is why I need this check-in, so I can see where I need to concentrate!

1/12 books as of the end of January.
I'm way behind on this challenge, as it started last August and ends July 31st. Need to start using the randomizer more so I can hurry up and get this challenge under my belt.


Okay, all in all I think I'm okay. Am on track for a couple of challenges, but need to play catch-up for a few others. Think that this check-in will help keep me on track, but I can't get over that I've signed up for so many challenges! And was actually considering signing up for a new one the other day, so glad I resisted!


11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing good on your challenges. At my county library today, the workers told me funding had been cut again, so no new books. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam - So sorry to hear about your library. Libraries are more popular than ever, so it's always sad when funding gets cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss J. Kaye's check-in???? I started doing this too! Designed my own button and everything! Then, I find out I didn't need to! Bummer!!

    Great job on your challenges by the way! I'm really not starting out all that great!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are definitely more on top of your challenges than I am, and I'm not signed up for nearly as many! Good luck keeping it up in February ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tif - I grabbed this button as soon as I saw it on J.Kaye's site, but may have gotten the date wrong as I haven't seen it on any other blogs. Oops! *L* Think your button is pretty cool, so you may want to keep it. :-)

    Dana - Thanks! I totally forgot about two of my challenges, so am a little embarrassed and now I need to play catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing rather well. I have not looked back but I think I have only read 3 books toward one challenge so far this year. It just stinks when you (I mean me) are a slow reader. I wish at times I was a faster reader to get through all these amazing books I have to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa - I know what you mean! But I'm always worried that if I rush, I might miss something by skimming instead of savoring. Oh well, just have to block out more reading time I guess. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So True Alexia, so true. At times I like reading slower and not a whole book in one setting to savor what I read. And thinking on it to speculate and ponder what the author is setting up for in the future, either in that book or future ones. I seem to take more from the books this way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job! This check in is a great idea! I have a journal where I keep my progress but making it public makes you so much more accountable. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa - You're right. I seem to get more out of a book when I read slower, and sometimes go back and reread certain sections. But with other books, I rush to see what happens next because it's so fast paced! Guess it just depends on the book. :)

    Amused - I'm hoping that this monthly check-in will help keep me in check! I like the idea of a journal, but I have a bad track record with them. Always start off well, then it peters out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks!! I'm going to be keeping my eye out for more posts though! It's great to see where everyone stands and hopefully, will begin to keep me more accountable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u