In My Mailbox (34) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (34)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 27, 2010

In My Mailbox (34)

In My Mailbox
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.


Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione | Alexia's Books and Such
Won a copy of Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione from a contest over at Kelly Moran's blog. Kelly has written several books of her own, but also hosts several giveaways to highlight other authors. This is book 4 in the series, but I'm hoping I'll like it enough to justify buying the first 3 books!
Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master's assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister's life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he'll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission.


 Stressed in Scottsdale
Received a review copy of Stressed in Scottsdale from the author via a Bostick email. Looks like a quirky book, so I'm looking forward to a fast, fun read!
With the absurdities of desert living set in her literary cross hairs, Fine once again skewers some of Scottsdale's finest while her protagonist, Jean, tries to find sanity in a world where it rains dirt and blind sheep fall off mountains. Modern living isn't for sissies and Fine addresses the deeper issues of the environment and political corruption as she couches them in laugh-out-loud lines. It is wickedly funny.




15 comments:

  1. Have fun with your new books, I love the cover for Ecstasy Unveiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read books two through four in this series. I enjoyed all of them, but I liked three and four better than two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your books. They both look great but in totally different ways. I have never read anything by Larissa Ione. I'm eager to hear what you think. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. everytime I see Larissa's cover, I think I drool LOL and I'm so not a tat person?!! I'm eager for your review on this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for Ecstasy Unveiled is something else, isn't it? Don't know if I would like this in real life, but an inked man on a book cover is totally yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stressed Scottsdale looks so fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo, Ecstasy Unveiled! Verra steamy reading head! Have a glass of ice water handy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice cover! Happy Reading ;)

    Peace


    Michelle
    http://windowpane-memoirs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great titles! I want to read in a Heart Beat. Happy Reading ;)

    Peace

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stressed in Scottland looks like a great fun read. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome books!

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-2-28-10.html

    Have an awesome booktastic Monday! :D
    The Bookie Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ecstasy Unveiled must be one of the most alluring book covers I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How funny - we live in Scottsdale AZ - so my question is does it actually take place in Scottsdale...lol! Looks like it with the cactus.

    Off topic -
    Your blog looks great! I've got to get tabs up on mine but have to figure it out - I am worried about the template modifications and interfacing with Windows live writer. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Larissa Ione is an awesome author. Enjoy her book. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u