Recovery from my bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement) is taking longer than expected, so I'm still offline. Hoping to be back soon, so please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Saturday, February 20, 2010

In My Mailbox (33)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.


Only received one book in the mail this week. I had won a copy of book 2 in the Blood Lily series and the blurb sounded so good that I decided to buy book 1 and read them in order. Tainted introduces us to Lily, and right now there are 3 books in the series, so shouldn't be hard for me to catch up.


Lily Carlyle has lied, cheated, and stolen her way through life. But in death, she'll really get to be bad...When her little sister is brutalized, a vengeful Lily determines to exact her own justice. She succeeds at the cost of her own life, but as she lies dying, she is given a second chance. Lily can earn her way into Paradise by becoming an assassin for the forces of good. It's the job Lily believes she can really get into-but she doesn't realize that she may not be able to get out.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else received in their mailboxes this week!


16 comments:

  1. Cool book! I want to read this one too. I do have it and the sequels sitting on my Kindle. All I need to do is find the time. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds interesting too. I'll have to check it out. Of course, our library has halted buying books due to lack of funding, so I probably won't be finding it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your new book. It's one that I haven't heard of before, but it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexia!

    Looks like a great read and it's a new author to me. I'll be looking around for it, I love urban fantasy!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting read!, can't wait to read your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy - Finding the time has become a challenge all by itself, hasn't it?

    Pam - It's always sad when funding for libraries is cut.

    Ryan - It's new to me too. Julie Kenner has several different series I've enjoyed, so looking forward to reading this one!

    Dottie - I highly recommend Julie, as she's a great writer! Hope you give her a try!

    Shantal - Looks interesting, so looking forward to reading the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good one -- fast, suspenseful & very enjoyable! I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tainted looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks interesting!! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Alexia! Even though you received only one book by post this week, that's still one more than what I usually receive, which is nada. Is that book an urban fantasy by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read anything by this author, but the book looks interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! It's so cool how contests, aside from giving away books, can promote book buying :-P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. I think I am starting to have a hard time breathing. lol. I have such a large list of books I really want to read. The stack and the list are growing so long. I have wanted to try this series out. It sounds really great. I look forward to reading your review when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u