In My Mailbox (32) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (32)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 13, 2010

In My Mailbox (32)

In My Mailbox | Alexia's Books and Such
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

Deadtown by Nancy Holzner
I actually had this one on my list to pick up at the bookstore when I found out I won a copy from J.Kaye's Book Blog! The original winner hadn't claimed it, so I was lucky enough to win Deadtown before buying it. So excited to read this, as it looks right up my alley!

The Power of Half
The Power of Half is a book I had read about in a magazine, and it had sounded interesting enough for me to make a note. Was thrilled when I was offered a chance to review it, as I find stories like this very inspiring. Could I get rid of half of my possessions in order to support a charity? I honestly don't know.

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter
Received a review copy of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter from Hatchette Book Group. Think I was meant to read this book as we had just finished watching the Ken Burn's Civil War documentary, so Lincoln was on my mind. Lincoln + vampires? I couldn't resist!

Doors Open by Ian Rankin
I may have mentioned once or twice how much I like Ian Rankin, so was excited to win a copy of Doors Open from Pam at Mom's Mutterings. I've read almost all of the books in his John Rebus series, so am looking forward to a non-Rebus title.

Admit One: My Life in Films
Received a review copy of Admit One: My Life in Films from an email offer from Online Publicist. While this isn't my usual genre, I love gossipy books like this. They make a nice change of pace, and I'm looking forward to reading this one!

I love seeing everyone's mailboxes, as I discover so many new authors and titles through this meme! Thanks Kristi!



22 comments:

  1. You got a nice variety of books. Vampire Hunter looks more interesting to me than his P&P and Zombies. I look forward to your review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It looks and sounds hilarious. Have fun reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't read books like Admit One, but you're right; a change of pace is nice. Enjoy your books. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter????? Weirdness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Deadtown! I hope I can soon. It sounds so unique.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of the Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter books so I'm interested in seeing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of this books before but looking forward to read your thoughts on Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and The Power of Half. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some interesting reads...definitely curious about the vampire hunting Abe Lincoln one...will await your review. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection and variety of books this week! I have Deadtown waiting for my on my Kindle but haven't gotten to it yet. The one about Lincoln and vampires sounds good too. I just saw something on TV about the family in The Power of Half. Looked interesting but I couldn't do it. I already live in a modest house. I don't think it would be even possible to find one for half of what this one cost.

    Enjoy your books and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deadtown is on my TBR list and that Abraham ones looks interesting=) I must admit I can make the connection but if they author can pull it off koodles to them!!=)

    Enjoy!!
    http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, Abraham Lincoln is rolling over in his grave. :-D

    I am really intrigued by The Power of Half!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you got some great books this week. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the books you got this week look really interesting. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter caught my attention...I'll have to check back for your review. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice variety! I'm liking the look of Deadtown. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. I have been trying to explain the relationships of vampires to wars to Bryan and the kids. So far they are not buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deadtown looks like a good read! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like some great books here! I am looking forward to your thoughts on Deadtown. I have it on my list to get as well. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been seeing Deadtown on other blogs, and I have to say, the cover is really growing on me. Do tell if you enjoy it when you're done.

    Happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice haul, hope you enjoy. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Deadtown was a very enjoyable book. I hope that you like it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  21. These all sound interesting! I will have to look up The Power of Half!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u