Recovery from my bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement) is taking longer than expected, so I'm still offline. Hoping to be back soon, so please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Awards!

I am always surprised when someone presents me with an award, and I'm not ashamed to admit that it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy when someone thinks of me! Received two lovely awards awhile back and while I'm embarrassed that it took me so long, I'd would like to share the love:

I received the Humane Award from GMR over at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers. She has a great blog with excellent reviews, so be sure to head on over and check it out!

This award is to honor certain bloggers that are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily (or close to) basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendship through the blog world. I'm supposed to nominate 10 bloggers that I feel deserve the Humane Award, but I've passed this award along at least twice before, so would like to open this to anyone reading this post. Enjoy!


I received this lovely award from both In The Hammock and The Sweet BonjourIn The Hammock is a gorgeous blog, with book reviews and fun memes! The Sweet Bonjour mainly reviews YA books, but also takes part in some memes and has several author interviews under her belt as well! They are both very cute blogs with great content, so be sure to stop by and say hello!

So here are the rules: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I'd like to pass this award along to:


SusiSunshine at The Geeky Bookworm



Elie at Ellz Reads

Dannie at Opinionated Me



Wendy at The Book Lush

Shannon at Book Dreaming

Kathy at Inside of a Dog

Booknerds Are Pretty Too

Kate at Midnight Book Girl

Read Now Sleep Later

Good Books and Good Wine

Some of these are new blogs and some of them have been around for awhile, but are new to me. All of them have interesting posts that are well worth a look! I've received a few other awards that I need to acknowledge but rather than waiting another month, decided to go ahead and post these. I really appreciate it when someone thinks of me, but I'm a horrible procrastinator! *L*


15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both awards, Alexia. Thanks so much for thinking of me for the Lovely Blog. I'm honored. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Alexia! I agree, the awards make you feel so good! Congratulations to you and to the blogs you are passing them on to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree with you...awards, comments...all of the above and more definitely give you that warm fuzzy feeling. =0)
    Thank you for the award! I'll be posting it soon and passing it on as well....(now who to pass it on to...*ponders*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you so much and congrats to you!!! I love your blog, it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you and those you gave the awards to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon - Congratulations! So glad that I found your blog! :-)

    Sheila - Thank you! It is a nice feeling, isn't it?

    GMR - The warm fuzzies is a perfect description! BTW, I love your blog!

    Steph - Thank you! Love visiting your blog as well! :)

    Ryan - Thank you!

    Kim - Thanks! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the awards! Well deserved. :)

    I visit a few of these sites, verra nice picks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the award!!!!! :). I'm honored and congrats on your awards!!. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much hon. I so know about that feeling. Have it too at the moment!
    So lucky I found your place!
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your awards, and thank you so very much! I've been a bad blogger lately, but I'm back in the ... well, I was going to say saddle, but I think comfortable reading chair would be more appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u