Bermuda Onion received the "Creative Writer" Blogger Award from Lesa's Book Critiques and invited us all to play. It looks like fun, so decided to give it a shot. Feel free to play along, as I'm going to follow Kathy's example and open it up to everyone rather than nominate people. Here are the rules (which I promptly broke):
1.Thank the person who gave this to you.
2.Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3.Link to the person who nominated you.
4.Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5.Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true.
5.Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6.Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7.Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them
Here are my six outrageous lies and one outrageous truth. See if you can guess which one is true.
1. After college, I went to Europe with my roommate's brother. He was 39 and worked on an oil rig. I was 22 and jobless. Backpacked the entire continent. Best. Trip. Ever.
2. On our first trip to London, my husband and I were detained for 7 hours at Heathrow. Convinced it was because our last name is Irish, but the agents wouldn't confirm it.
3. I have itchy feet and have visited 22 different countries. Actual visits; airport layovers don't count.
4. I'm a linguistic geek and fluent in English, Italian, French, and Spanish. Speak passable Portuguese and German, can read Latin, and struggling to learn Hindi.
5. I was 1st runner up in the Miss Ohio pageant. My talent was tap.
6. As an intern for Nick Clooney, I briefly dated his son. Who knew the little jerk would grow up to be George Clooney?
7. Was invited to Woodstock, but didn't go because it was supposed to rain.
Can you guess which one is true? I'll come back after the weekend to confirm the one truth. Or is that a lie as well...and they're all true? *evil grin* Please leave your link if you decide to play, as I'd love to see your creativity run amuck!
The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre
23 hours ago