I am going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement), but should be back in a month or so. Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Friday, February 5, 2010

Are you calling me a liar?

Kathy at Bermuda Onion received the "Creative Writer" Blogger Award from Lesa's Book Critiques and invited us all to play. It looks like fun, so decided to give it a shot. Feel free to play along, as I'm going to follow Kathy's example and open it up to everyone rather than nominate people. Here are the rules (which I promptly broke):

1.Thank the person who gave this to you.
2.Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3.Link to the person who nominated you.
4.Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5.Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true.
5.Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6.Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7.Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them

Here are my six outrageous lies and one outrageous truth. See if you can guess which one is true.

1. After college, I went to Europe with my roommate's brother. He was 39 and worked on an oil rig. I was 22 and jobless. Backpacked the entire continent. Best. Trip. Ever.

2. On our first trip to London, my husband and I were detained for 7 hours at Heathrow. Convinced it was because our last name is Irish, but the agents wouldn't confirm it.

3. I have itchy feet and have visited 22 different countries. Actual visits; airport layovers don't count.

4. I'm a linguistic geek and fluent in English, Italian, French, and Spanish. Speak passable Portuguese and German, can read Latin, and struggling to learn Hindi.

5. I was 1st runner up in the Miss Ohio pageant. My talent was tap.

6. As an intern for Nick Clooney, I briefly dated his son. Who knew the little jerk would grow up to be George Clooney?

7. Was invited to Woodstock, but didn't go because it was supposed to rain.

Can you guess which one is true? I'll come back after the weekend to confirm the one truth. Or is that a lie as well...and they're all true? *evil grin* Please leave your link if you decide to play, as I'd love to see your creativity run amuck!


12 comments:

  1. I think your expertise at Balderdash gives you an unfair advantage. These are hard, Alexia!

    Hmmmm....um...hmm...I choose #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your a really good liar..I mean creative writer...LOL

    Haven't a clue but I would guess maybe #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ladies, didn't mean for it to be so hard...I even left out that I was once married to Neil Gaiman, my nephew is a rock star, the time I met Sting and Paul McCartney at a Christmas party, my 14 tattoos, my nose ring, and the fact that I was a backup dancer for Tina Turner! *L*

    Should I give you some hints, or would that be cheating?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think number two is the true one. Although if number one is true, it sounds like it probably was the best trip ever. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to go all out and say they're all true! (Not the ones in your comment. A backup dancer for Tina Turner...ha!)

    Thanks for checking out my lies, I mean truths.

    By the way, Sheryl Crowe thought we were wild (we were). She had just moved to L.A. from Missouri, so you can imagine what an experience that must have been.

    And I was on EXTRA! when they did a whole segment on Red Bull martinis. My sister and I were drinking them in a bar when the production crew came in with their cameras and interviewed us.

    I plan to walk on my hands across Letterman's stage when I'm 85. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha ha ha! Now you really ARE trying to make it hard. I call Balderdash! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going with #7 as the true one. But I really have no idea, so I'm very much looking forward to the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they're all pretty good, so i'm impressed no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u