Young Adult Reading Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such: Young Adult Reading Challenge

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, January 1, 2010

Young Adult Reading Challenge

*sigh* I am weak. I really should stop reading J.Kaye's Book Blog, as I keep seeing new challenges I want to join. But looking over my list of books read in 2009, I noticed that there were quite a few YA titles included, so I thought why not? I can combine this challenge with my others and it will give me a feeling of accomplishment! Oh, I might as well admit it...I simply can't resist a good challenge! *L*

Here are the guidelines:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. There are four levels:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.

--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.

--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.

3. Audio, eBooks, re-reads all count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.

****You do NOT need to review your books. That is optional.****

I'm going for the Mini YA level of 12 books.

1.  The Devouring
2.  The Iron King
3.  Seven Rays
4.  Sea Clearwater
5.  Before I Fall
6.  Odd and the Frost Giants
7.  Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
8.  Shade
9.  Iron Daughter
10. Winter's Passage
11. Paranormalcy
12. Tyger Tyger

As always, please wish me luck! :-)

8 comments:

  1. I have no idea how in the world J Kaye keeps up with all those challenges. She rocks! Good luck on your new challenge! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime - J.Kaye is amazing, isn't she? Thanks for the good wishes! I went a little nuts with the challenges this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I got a question for you... Can a book be good for more than one challange? Like if I read a book that will work with my Speculative Fantasy challenge could I use it with a challenge like this with YA? If so I may have to pick this one up as well.

    Best of luck with all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa - All of the challenges I signed up for say that one book can count for several different challenges. For instance, the first book I reviewed for the year counts for THREE challenges! Makes things much, much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've joined this one too! And i've gone for 12. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alexia! I think I am going to have to go track this challenge down and join. I'm not going to have a book for it right away, but I do have a few on the shelf here for YA. They will fall in this category and my speculative fiction one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Young Adult Reading Challenge. I dearly love YA novels and can't wait to see what titles you read this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, that J.Kaye can be a bad influence on us, but yet we still go back for more!! :) I signed up for this one too (among many others).

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u