Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week In Review

Had a busy week last week, so thought I would do a quick wrap up post.

Finished the Bloggiesta last Sunday, but hadn't completed all of my goals. Spent Monday tweaking my background and coming up with a new header. Took awhile, but I'm pleased with the results. And I now have a test blog so I can play with the design in the future without worrying about messing up the code somehow.

Had a few people ask about the tabs I have under my header. The main site I used was a post I found at Markandey's Blog, but I remember tweaking the code and constantly previewing the results until I was satisfied. I changed the background color for the tabs and made it an open box instead of closed. It's been awhile since I added the tabs, but I do remember being amazed that it actually turned out!

Am trying to embrace my Google Reader. To be honest, I wasn't even aware that I had a Reader until I took a look at it for one of the Bloggiesta challenges. Who knew? While it does make reading all of the new posts  easier, I still prefer going to the blogs directly. I like seeing the blog designs and the fun sidebar information and all. Did get rid of two blog rolls and set up separate categories on my reader, but it's still a work in progress. Find myself going to the blogs anyway in order to leave comments, but it has cut down on my overall time spent blog hopping.

Finally caught up with my followers and commenters. I like to visit everyone's blog who is nice enough to comment on mine, but was surprised by the number of people who have a blogger profile but no blog of their own. I try to follow everyone who follows me whenever possible. Apologies if I've missed anyone, but if there's no link... On a side note, went into shock when I saw that an author of a book I am lusting after is now following my blog! Julie Kagawa is following my blog! *fans self* She has an awesome book coming out next month called The Iron King, and I've already pre-ordered my copy. Can't wait to read it!

Still working on the whole balance thing. Twitter has suffered, as I've been catching up on the blog posts I missed reading during Bloggiesta, as well as working on my TBR pile. Then I got sucked into Farmville after months of mocking it. *L* Find it's easier not to sign into Twitter as I tend to lose track of time whenever I tweet, but I miss the instand connections. Guess it's still a work in progress.

Let's see...what else? Finished an awesome book called Three Days To Dead, but still need to write my review. Everyone who raved about this book was right! Highly recommended! And my 100 Follower contest ends tonight. Love all of the haiku poetry submitted! I'm really impressed with the results.

Not as short a wrap up as planned, as I tend to ramble. So...how was everyone's week? :-)

13 comments:

  1. I guess I'm more of a visual person - I love looking at the blogs rather than just skimming the text on the Blog Reader - although it does make sense for quick reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you get that balance thing worked out. I thought I had and then life went crazy and well, things are back as before...lol.

    I do love the tabs. Makes the blog look so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't finished my wrap-up for Bloggiesta yet!!! I'm still working on so many housekeeping issues. Maybe I should do it anyways. I have a feeling there will always be housekeeping issues!! :) Loving the new look by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an award for you when you get a chance.

    http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2010/01/3-great-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim - I love looking at blogs as well! Have found so many great ideas from other's blog designs that I'd like to somehow incorporate into my blog, so doubt I'll ever rely on the reader 100%.

    J.Kaye - Working on it! :D

    Tif - Don't think we'll ever be done with blog housekeeping issues, just like real housekeeping! *L*

    Ryan - Thank you so much! Will be right over!

    Sheila - Thank you! You and Ryan are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks so much for posting this original and unique article. I can't tell you how many times I've visited blogs
    from Google and they've got nothing on them but crappy ads and false information that's unereliable. I don't
    normally comment on blogs, but I just thought that i'd drop you a line and tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job.
    Thanks! if you want, you can check out my blog at Stihl Chainsaws and
    Husqvarna Chain Saw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your bloggiesta results - your blog looks great, and the signature line at the end of your posts is lovely and a nice professional touch. Glad to stop by,
    Namaste,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your blog looks! You've done a tremendous job improving it. I know what you mean about wanting to visit everyone's actual blog and losing that special something when viewing posts on a feed reader. Still, when you are trying to find balance, it can be a very good thing. I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on discovering your Reader! I love it! I just wish I could comment in Reader. Oh well!

    I'm so inspired by how many blogs you visit (including mine). I find that when I get busy, this is the area that I neglect (sadly). You are a commenting/commentor inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't use the Reader b/c you have to leave to comment. I, too like to go to people's blogs. People spend a lot of time on their blogs and I like to see them. Yours looks terrific by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Great Blog. I submitted you to Reddit and Digg. If you want, you can check out my article here: World of Warcraft Mods You Need

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete