Saturday, January 2, 2010

Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge 2010

Ever hear that old saying "In for a penny, in for a pound"? Well, that's sort of how I feel right now. Seemed to have been sucked into a joining reading challenges vortex of some kind and can't seem to stop! No, really, this is my last one! I swear! *L*

Timeline: 1st Jan 2010~ 31st Dec 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge. This challenge is hosted by Book Chick City.

Details:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. There are four levels:

• Inquisitive – Read 3 Speculative Fiction novels.

• Enthusiastic – Read 6 Speculative Fiction novels.

• Addicted – Read 12 Speculative Fiction novels.

• Obsessed – Read 24 Speculative Fiction novels.

3. Any book format counts.

4. You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone!

5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

6. If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the links set up at Book Chick City with the buttons to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to the main post and join in the fun.

7. If you decide to join this challenge, be sure to create a post telling others and please make sure you add a link back so others can join in.

8. There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.

Carolyn has included a helpful explanation of what genres are included in this challenge. Decided to join this one as it seems tailor-made for me, as I love these type of books! I'm going for the gold here as I'm definitely Obsessed!



1.  Three Days To Dead
2.  The Iron King
3.  Breathless
4.  Seven Rays
5.  Sea Clearwater
6.  Better Part of Darkness
7.  Grave Sins
8.  Original Sin
9.  Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
10. Fantasy in Death
11. Black Magic Sanction
12. Blood Ties
13. Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
14. Spiral Hunt
15. Wild Hunt
16. Spider's Bite
17. Girl Who Chased the Moon
18. Shade
19. Mind Games
20. Iron Daughter
21. So Cold the River
22. Dream of Perpetual Motion
23. Winter's Passage
24. Tales of the Otherworld
25. Tracking the Tempest
26. Paranormalcy
27. Tyger Tyger
28. Infinite Days
29. Eternal Ones
30. I Am Number Four
31. Red Hot Fury
32. Blood Song
33. Dante's Journey
34. Dying Bites
35. Derik's Bane
36. Waking the Witch
37. Homecoming
38. Web of Lies
39. Jinx
40. Replacement
41. White Cat
42. Tithe
43. Ironside
44. Radiance
45. Venom
46. Zombies vs. Unicorns
47. Full Moon City
48. Blood Lite II
49. Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor


Maybe I should join a support group, as I seem to have become addicted to reading challenges lately! *L*

5 comments:

  1. I'm doing this one too! I know what you mean about challenges...I'm signing up for around 30+...yikes! I'm a lunatic, I think!

    If you would like to see what I'm joining and reading for challenges, check out my challenge blog: http://truebookaddictchallenges.blogspot.com/

    I have all the buttons (so far) listed on the sidebar and they link to each sign up post.

    Happy Reading =O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TBA - Whoa! And I thought I was bad with the challenges I was signing up for, but I'm not even close to 30! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexia, so pleased you signed up for the challenge. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will have to be your support group out here. lol. I think we all need help. lol.

    Glad to see you are doing this challenge. It is the one I signed up for as well. It is almost to easy for me to do this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book Chick - Thank you! I'm really looking forward to this one!

    Melissa - Think this challenge was made for us both! :)

    ReplyDelete