I am going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement), but should be back shortly. Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Saturday, January 30, 2010

In My Mailbox (30)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

Received a copy of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver as part of the Barnes and Noble First Look program. What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life? Samantha Kingston gets a second chance after she dies. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death - and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.


Received Survivors Club by Ben Sherwood from a contest hosted by Danielle at her Opinionated? Me? blog. What does it really take to survive a catastrophic event and what kind of survivor are you? Figured it would be good to know how to survive long enough to read everything in my TBR piles! *L*

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa was the book I was anxiously awaiting all week! Had an official release date of February 1st, but they were shipped early. Was looking forward to reading it so much that it jumped straight to the top of my TBR pile, and I've already read and reviewed it! You can check out my review here. Has made my favorites list for the year so far!

So...what did you receive in your mailbox this week?

29 comments:

  1. I'm interested in what you have to say about your first book, it sounds like a interesting premise. Reminds me of the TV show Daybreak with Taye Diggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I both received The Iron King this week! Glad that you enjoyed it! I haven't started it yet... but it's high on my tbr list! :)

    I have a contest running on my blog right now for the book Break by Hannah Moskowitz. Feel free to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Before I fall, Enjoy!

    Check out what was in my mailbox this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books!!, I can't wait to read the Iron King :) hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited for both Before I Fall and The Iron King. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of these sound well worth a look. I especially like the look and sound of The Iron King.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three of those books sound really good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving Iron King and must get me hands on one! Enjoy all the great reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Before I fall for review a while back. I read about half of it and then put it down and I haven't picked it up since.. I should finish it because I hear the second half is better. But we will see.. :)

    Please stop by my blog and check out mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, The Iron King! I can't wait to get my hands on that one!

    Hope you enjoy reading everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Before I fall looks good. Of course, I will never get around to reading it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ryan - Not familiar with that TV show, but will see if I can find a clip on youtube. The plot reminds me a little of Groundhog Day.

    Corrine - Will keep an eye out for your review! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

    Holly - Thanks for stopping by! Heading over to check out your mailbox now.

    Shantal - Hope you like The Iron King! :)

    So Many Books - Think Before I Fall looks good, and I'm looking forward to the discussion at BN.com.

    Petty Witter - Hope you'll give The Iron King a chance, as I thought Julie did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chrissie - Thanks! They do sound good, don't they? :)

    Stephanie - Thank you for stopping by!

    Sheila - Loved your mailbox this week! :)

    trishalynn0708 - Hoping Before I Fall is good, but haven't started it yet.

    inthehammock - Thought The Iron King was great!

    Lea - Thanks Lea! Am looking forward to reading them!

    Alayne - Will head over to check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

    Pam - That's my problem too...not enough time to read them all! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iron King is a popular book this week! I hope you enjoy your new books :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books you got this week. The Iron King looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brooke - Am seeing a lot of good buzz about it. Totally worth reading!

    Rebecca - The Iron King is a top contender for favorite book this year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the iron king is amazing , enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Book Monster - Amazing is a good description! Loved The Iron King! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucky you, getting Before I Fall! It sounds really good! Enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great week! I'm participating in my 1st B&N book review with this one too :)

    I'm so anxious to read The Iron King too, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. alitareads - Looking forward to the BN.com book discussion!

    Mel - Cool! Will be fun to talk about the book with you! And I think you'll like The Iron King. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A bit off topic I know but I've now posted Husband dearest's thoughts on Twilight if you'd like to stop by Pen And Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deleted the last comment. Not sure what emo boys have to do with my mailbox, but anonymous comments with links make me nervous and get deleted!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah ha! So I'm not the only one participating in this early read! (I got my book the night after my "mailbox" feature posted.) Can't wait to start reading it! Looks like you got several other good ones too! Happy reading! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Enjoying reading the posts here, thanks[url=http://wework24-7.com/member.php?u=66124
    ].[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u