In My Mailbox (29) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (29)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, January 23, 2010

In My Mailbox (29)

In My Mailbox | Alexia's Books and SuchIn My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads in case you want more information on the books.

Exit Music by Ian Rankin
Received a copy of Exit Music from a contest held by Pam over at Mom's Mutterings. I love Ian Rankin's Detective Inspecter Rebus! He makes me think of a Scottish Andy Sipowicz for some reason. :) It's late in the fall in Edinburgh and late in the career of Detective Inspector John Rebus. As he is simply trying to tie up some loose ends before his retirement, a new case lands on his desk: a dissident Russian poet has been murdered in what looks like a mugging gone wrong.

9 Dragons by Michael Connelly
Received the audio version of 9 Dragons from a contest at J.Kaye's Book Blog. I like Michael Connelly, and have read a few of his books featuring Harry Bosch in the past. Sounds like a good one! LAPD Detective Harry Bosch is off the chain in the fastest, fiercest, and highest-stakes case of his life.

The Seven Rays
Picked up a copy of The Seven Rays at the library. I've read mixed reviews on this one, but it sounds too intriguing to pass up. Really like the cover as well.  ...things get out of control and Beth is seeing people's pasts, their fears, their secrets, their desires. The images are coming at Beth in hi-def streaming video and she can't stop it. Everyone thinks she's crazy and she's pretty sure she agrees with them.


Get anything interesting in your mailbox this week?


20 comments:

  1. 9 Dragons was really good, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Seven Rays, I've been wanting to read that! Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bookmagic - I'm still new to audio books, so trying to get used to listening instead of reading. Tried listening while doing housework, but found myself just standing there instead of cleaning. *L*

    Bookalicious - Hope it's good, as I've been looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your thoughts on The Seven Rays, because I've seen some mixed reviews too.

    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for your review on The Seven Rays either. I've seen a few mixed reviews too. Hope you enjoy all of the books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Alexia! As usual, I'm envious about the books you received this week. Where do these books come from? And how come I'm not receiving any? Hehehe.

    I'm sure you'll love Ian Rankin. His Rebus novels are in a class by themselves. Hugely enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved The Seven Rays! I listened to it on audio though. :) I did get a couple of great things in my mailbox this week:

    A TALE OF TWO DEMON SLAYERS by Angie Fox

    and

    PRIDE MATES by Jennifer Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I've seen mixed reviews on The Seven Rays also, so I'm curious what you'll have to say about it.

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really good. I am especially interested in 9 Dragons, and I am a big fan of Michael Connelly's Hieronymus Bosch series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea & Corrine - Hoping The Seven Rays delivers, as it sounds so intriguing!

    Peter - Agree with you about the Rebus books. Love them! I want John to find his happily-ever-after, but don't think it's possible.

    J.Kaye - Love Angie Fox! Enjoy your books! :)

    So Many Books - Thanks!

    Donna - Trying to go into it with an open mind, as I know some people have loved it while others said it was meh.

    Stephanie - Harry Bosch is an interesting character, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book this week, I have Exit Music waiting around to be read so I think I should get to it soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ryan - I'll keep an eye out for your review, as I'd love to hear what you think about Rebus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seven Rays does sound really interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. alitareads - Wanted to read it despite the mixed reviews as it sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 9 Dragons sounds kind of good. I am curious as to what you think when you are done. I have not completely decided if I want it or not.

    The Seven Rays sounds like something I would really like. I look forward to your review on this one too. I have it on the list but trust your thoughts as well.

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melissa - Thanks for the vote of confidence Melissa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am with you on The Seven Rays - I think it looks wonderful and I hope to give it a chance as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great books. I've always wanted to read Ian Rankin. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice selection there! I've had my eye on The Seven Rays since I saw the cover in store. What can I say...I like the pretty shiney ones sometimes... =0)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u