In My Mailbox (27) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (27)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, January 11, 2010

In My Mailbox (27)

In My Mailbox | Alexia's Books and Such

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books. I usually post this on Saturdays, but got so caught up with the Bloggiesta that it totally slipped my mind. But I'm so excited about what I received in the mail this past week that I can't wait to post it! Better late than never, right? :-)

 Beautiful Creatures  Beautiful Creatures
This is the mailbox goodie that I was the most excited to receive! I've been lusting after Beautiful Creatures ever since I first heard about it on various blogs. Everyone raved about it and it sounded sooooo good, but I was on a book buying ban so could only hope & pray that I would win a copy somewhere. And I did! Woo hoo! Won a copy from Tina at Fantastic Book Review, complete with swag sent from the authors! Was so excited to receive this! Tried to take a picture, but not sure if you can see everything. I received the ARC from Tina, and the swag included a BC sticker, 2 rubber wrist bands, a gorgeous bracelet with the chinese symbol for Hope, 2 BC dog tags, a photo, a Slim Jim, and some candy.  I tried to include a close up of the bracelet, but it didn't turn out very well. Hope you get the general idea, as I really like it!

Gena Showalter's The Darkest Night
Picked up a copy of Gena Showalter's The Darkest Night from my library book sale. They have a cart at the entrance with books either pulled from the shelves or donated. Paperbacks are 25 cents (5 for $1!) and hardcovers are 50 cents, so I always leave with at least one book. This is book 1 of her Lords of the Underworld series, so thought I would give it a shot.

Advocare Spark energy drink
Also received three samples of Advocare Spark energy drink from Julie at My Own Little Corner of the World blog. I saw them featured over at Sheila's IMM post and mentioned that I was curious about how they tasted. so Julie was kind enough to send me some samples. Thought that was incredibly nice of her! Haven't tried them yet as I'm still getting over a bug, but looking forward to a taste test! I received grape, fruit punch and mandarin orange flavor. Thanks again Julie!

Very, very happy with my mailbox last week! Got a book I"ve been drooling over, a library bargain, and some cool samples to try! Happiness is goodies in the mail! :)

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some great stuff with your Beautiful Creatures! Congrats! I LOVE you kitty in the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome swag, hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, love the swag!! The bracelet looks gorgeous. Happy reading (and drinking)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! Oh, I love your little mailbox with kitty!

    I grabbed it! Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Beatiful Creatures on my list to get to as well. Cool packages you got there! I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have good times ahead. I'm dying to read Beautiful Creatures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fune with your wonderful new books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. inthehammock - Thanks! I was very excited, as I rarely get author swag! :)

    Martha - Love the kitty as well! Glad I found him, and it was so easy to add the IMM wording that I may make a few other badges as well.

    Rebecca - I have a few books ahead of Beautiful Creatures, but am really looking forward to this one!

    Jenn - The bracelet took me by surprise, as it's really nice! In fact, I put it on as soon as I opened the package & it's very comfortable.

    Laurel - I don't mind at all! Glad you like her! :)

    Melissa - Looking forward to what you think of it as well. Maybe we can compare notes down the road.

    Shannon - I know! Was drooling over this book, so beyond excited when Tina told me I won a copy! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  9. First pic of kitty in mailbox is awesome. :)
    Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you love Beautiful Creatures, it's a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chandrika - Thanks! I love cats, so thought this picture would be perfect. :)

    Yunaleska - Don't think I've read any reviews that didn't rave about Beautiful Creatures, so really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u