In My Mailbox (26) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (26)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, January 2, 2010

In My Mailbox (26)

In My Mailbox | Alexia's Books and SuchIn My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Only a few books in my mailbox this week, but I still did my Happy Dance! I have included links to Goodreads should you want more information on the books.

 Burning Wild by Christine Feehan Won a copy of Burning Wild from Breia's End of Year Extravaganza over at Literaturely Speaking. Christine Feehan is a good writer and I haven't read this one yet.


One Amazing ThingReceived an ARC of One Amazing Thing from the publisher via Shelf Awareness. I'm still working on expanding my reading horizons and this one caught my eye. Nine strangers are trapped in an office building after an earthquake and as they struggle to survive, they each share one amazing thing which has happened in their life. It's getting rave reviews, and I'm really looking forward to reading this!

So, what did you get in your mailbox this week?



13 comments:

  1. Hi, Alexia! I haven't read a Christine Feehan, but I see her books all over bookstores. Does she write urban fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first three books in Feehan's Carpathian series but I couldn't get into the rest of the books in that series. I've thought about trying out one of her other series.

    Enjoy your new reads!

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter - Christine's Carpathian series are more paranormal romance than urban fantasy,so don't know if you would like them or not.

    Donna - To be honest, I haven't read her books in quite awhile so can't remember if I liked them or not. My taste in books has changed quite a bit since school, so thought I'd give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Peter I've seen Christine Feehan's books around but have never picked one up. They seem to be more romance than anything. Hope you enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burning Wild was interesting! I usually read Feehan's books. This one threw me for a bit when she located the Amazon River in Borneo though. I was a geography major many moons ago and I KNOW that is wrong. Still, it was a typical Feehan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! One Amazing Thing looks well..amazing! Sorry I had to do it LOL.

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-3-10.html

    Have a great start of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryan - Every now and again, I crave romance books and thought that this might be good to have on hand. :)

    Kathy - Good to know that this one was interesting, despite the geography mix-up! You would think her editor or proof-reader would have caught that mistake...

    Laura - I barely resisted that amazing impulse, so don't blame you at all! Hope I can keep resisting when I write up my review! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got ONE AMAZING THING this week as well. It looks fantastic! :-) I'll look forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both look great! I haven't heard of them before! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie - Will be fun to compare notes with you!

    Inthehammack - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One Amazing Thing looks good! Enjoy the book and I will look forward to your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I *love* your mailbox pic, it's so cute! I adore cats (hopefully getting one soon - very excited!). One Amazing Thing sounds really good - I love disaster type books and although this sounds as though it's more about individual lives it still interests me. Definitely going to add this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't say either is my usual cup of tea, but One Amazing Thing looks kinda interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u