Happy New Year! | Alexia's Books and Such: Happy New Year!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year Everyone!




Hard to believe that the first decade of the 21st century is already behind us...what I want to know is where are the flying cars??? The Jetsons promised us flying cars and housekeeping robots by now and I have to say that I am extremely disappointed! Yes, we have picture phones and iPods and computers and all, but I was really looking forward to the flying cars.....

Okay, enough with the flying cars pout! Another new year and another new decade means more New Year's resolutions! Can you guess from the below pictures what one of my resolutions will be?


Yes, one of my resolutions will be to put my cat on a diet! *L* Actually, we'll both change our diets and drag the rest of the family with us kicking and screaming! My oldest nephew is getting married in the fall, so I want to look nice for the wedding. Wonder how hard it would be to teach my kitty to walk on a treadmill with me?

Another resolution will be to finish my reading challenges in 2010, as I didn't do too well in 2009. Will keep a closer eye on the calendar, as I know I can finish these!

Also want to continue to try and find a balance between my "real" life and my online life. I tend to get sucked in whenever I go online, and that really cuts into both my reading time and things I need to get done. Chores suffer, kitty goes uncuddled, books don't get read. It's a vicious cycle. Someone on Twitter recommended a kitchen timer, which I am seriously considering. Right now Twitter is suffering because once I log in, hours pass in the blink of an eye. So rather than neglect everything else, I'm staying off Twitter for the moment. I miss it, so have to come up with a better solution.

So that's it in a nutshell. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has planned in 2010, and if you have any suggestions to help me out, I'd really, really appreciate it! :)

Wishing everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year!


14 comments:

  1. Happy New year hon!
    I so agree: Where are the flying cars? Me wants one! And if you find a twitter solution let me know cuz I've got the same problem.
    Hope you have a great year 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your resolutions! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susi - I seem to be fixated on the flying cars for some reason. Guess the Jetsons left quite an impression on me growing up! *L*

    Book Vixen - Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Alexia! Good luck on your New Year's resolution! I am also striving to keep the pounds off, especially after the endless eating during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looking forward to the new year. My feet will be firmly planted soon, I hope. Then lookout...lol!

    Happy New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you too! And good luck getting your cat on the treadmill, lol. Who knows? Maybe she'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter - Always hoped that any food consumed during the holidays would magically disappear after New Year's Eve, but hasn't happened yet! *L*

    J.Kaye - Looking forward to what 2010 has in store for the blogosphere, as it's bound to be interesting!

    Jenn - Think my cat is one of the laziest cats in the world, so think she might just watch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Love the lolcat photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year kiddo. I look forward to reading what you have in store for us over the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here, Here! I have to say I was mentioning over at B&N about the robots and was wondering myself where the flying cars were. I am right there with you on them. I was looking forward to the flying cars as well! Oh well, maybe some day? I have to agree with you on getting sucked in to this online world. I have a habit of getting lost here and not getting things around the house. I will have to try to find that balance as well. I try to time myself but then someone I haven't talked to shows up and I say just a little longer... ha ha. I get stuck. My reading has suffered for it to. There has to be some way to balance it all out. I am sure you will figure it out. (when you do can you please let me know?)

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inthehammock - Have to admit that I'm a sucker for funny/cute cat pictures!

    Ryan - Right back atcha' Ryan! :)

    Melissa - Exactly! It's always "just one more post" or "just one more tweet" and suddenly hours have passed and nothing has gotten done! And glad to know I'm not alone with my flying cars disappointment. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's to a balanced 2010!!!! As you can probably tell, I'm still trying to catch up from 2009!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u