Book Review: Three Days To Dead by Kelly Meding | Alexia's Books and Such...: Book Review: Three Days To Dead by Kelly Meding

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, January 18, 2010

Book Review: Three Days To Dead by Kelly Meding

Book Review:  Three Days To Dead by Kelly Meding
Three Days To Dead by Kelly Meding
Mass Market Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: Dell (November 24, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0553592866
ISBN-13: 978-0553592863

Rating:  5/5
Source:  Personal library


Book Blurb:
They’ll never see her coming. . . .When Evangeline Stone wakes up naked and bruised on a cold slab at the morgue - in a stranger’s body, with no memory of who she is and how she got there - her troubles are only just beginning. Before that night she and the two other members of her Triad were the city’s star bounty hunters, mercilessly cleansing the city of the murderous creatures living in the shadows, from vampires to shape-shifters to trolls. Then something terrible happened that not only cost all three of them their lives but also convinced the city’s other Hunters that Evy was a traitor - and she can’t even remember what it was.

Now she’s a fugitive, piecing together her memory, trying to deal some serious justice - and discovering that she has only three days to solve her own murder before the reincarnation spell wears off. Because in three days Evy will die again - but this time there’s no second chance. . . .

My Review:
Saw this book constantly being discussed on several different blogs as well as on Twitter. Everyone raved about it to the point where I had to buy a copy of my very own! They were all right, as this book is amazing! Really like a book that grabs me on the first page, and this one grabbed me with the very first paragraph:  I don't recall the first time I died, but I do remember the second time I was born. Vividly. Waking up on a cold morgue table surrounded by surgical instruments and autopsy paraphernalia, to the tune of the medical examiner's high-pitched shrieks of fright, is an unforgettable experience. How great is that paragraph? Makes you want to run right out and buy a copy, doesn't it?

Evy Stone was a bounty hunter who tracked down monsters. She is resurrected into the body of a young human with no idea why she was brought back and no Welcoming Committee waiting with an explanation. Evy must try to solve the mystery of her murder, figure out why she wound up in the body of an innocent, track down any information she may have possessed that could have lead to her murder, sort the good guys from the bad, and just possibly save the world. All while the clock is ticking down to her second death. No pressure, right?

Thought that this was an original story with great characters. I really liked Evy, thought the secondary characters were well done (loved Smedge), and the overall story flowed nicely. The action was fast paced and I stayed up until 2:30 in the morning to finish reading as I couldn't wait to see what happened next! That pushed my rating from a 4 to a 5/5! Meding is a very talented author and I loved this story! Am now a loyal Kelly Meding fan, and can't wait for her next book! Go. Buy this book. Now!


11 comments:

  1. I love your "Multitasking" list in your left side bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have put this on my wishlist now because of you! It looks good and I've never heard of it before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that first paragraph is good...and she was a bounty hunter!?! How cool! Ah, I need to find this book now.

    Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dannie - Think you'll really like this one!

    Miss Remmers - Thanks! :)

    Cat - Think this one totally lives up to all of the hype! I really enjoyed it!

    Lea - I don't usually quote books, but just had to share that paragraph as I thought it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds really good! Another one I had not heard of...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see you liked it too! I love finding new authors, Kelly Meding is one I'm going to keep my eye on. I excited about the next book also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun read, I'm going to add this to my ever growing pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila - Don't know how you missed this one, as it seemed to be on every blog I visited at one point! *L*

    Donna - I'm with you! Love finding new authors, and I'm really looking forward to the next book!

    Ryan - Definitely a fun read. Hope you like it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally missed this one, but have it on my wish list now! Thanks for the review...it really looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds great, I have added it to my list. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u