Bloggiesta Update #3 | Alexia's Books and Such...: Bloggiesta Update #3

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bloggiesta Update #3


In between household chores, have managed to complete a few more challenges. Signed up for the Comment Challenge hosted by Pam at MotherReader. Have already commented on over 10 new blogs and really like the idea of committing to at least 5 comments a day.

I also completed the Set Goals mini challenge hosted by Rebecca at The Book Lady's Blog and the Dead Link challenge hosted by Karin at Karin's Book Nook. Both were very helpful challenges!

I replaced my Recent Comments widget as I couldn't fix the original one. It was just a white box, so I found an alternate. I don't like the looks of the new widget as much as the old one, but at least this one works! Also added a few new widgets thanks to the great directions from a site called Blogging Tutorials. Spent more hours than I want to admit wrestling with the widgets before I found this site, but was determined to make it work! Too bad I hadn't found this site first! And while I was customizing my Blogger layout, noticed that they now had several new options that I wasn't aware of, so trying a few of them out as well.

Stats
Mini Challenges completed: 6
Comments made: 28
Reviews written: 1
Advance posts written: 0
Series posts completed: 14
Goals completed: 7

Bloggiesta Goals 2010
• Catch up on my reviews.
• Write backup posts for a rainy day.
• Work on series posts. done
• Clean up tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.
• Update my About Me page.
• Update my review policy.
• Clean up & update my challenge lists. Link up posts w/hosts. done
• Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve my blog.
• Find out what a gravatar is, and get one if it's cool! done
• Edit blogrolls.
• Set up a Favicon. done
• Add a signature. done
• Investigate Google Docs.
• Comment on other Bloggiesta participant's blogs. - in progress
• Write email templates for review offers. done
• Work on buttons.
• Decide if I need a stand-alone disclosure policy.
• Add a drop down box for labels. done



11 comments:

  1. Great job on another productive bloggiesta day! I'm in the middle of my dead link hunt right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've got so much done! Enjoy the final day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alexia! So I see that you've joined the Bloggiesta event! Good luck! I'll be dropping in often to check on any updates on your blog! I just love being surprised by new templates or any changes that I see from the blogs that I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were really productive!!! Kudos! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just logged in for the day myself, but it looks like you are really going strong. Keep up the great work! Go Pedro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! It's nice to see a long list of goals (so organized!) and keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great goals, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am attempting to try to make those little header links like you have at the top of the page. Could you tell me where you got the tutorial? I know I asked once before, but I lost the link!
    Thanks,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the weekend has been so productive for you! You've made a ton of comments, which is probably the most time consuming task for me (this is my 13th of the weekend - better make another one quickly so I'm not stuck on that number for too long!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT job!!! I especially love your new signature! I'm thinking I want one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really did not accomplish much. No templates created. No posts prepared. No policies written. I have no idea what a gravatar is (though it definitely sounds very cool). Sigh. A miserable cold and no Internet yesterday has brought me to my knees. Ah well. There's always another Bloggista.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u