Bloggiesta Update #2 - completed 2 more challenges! | Alexia's Books and Such...: Bloggiesta Update #2 - completed 2 more challenges!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bloggiesta Update #2 - completed 2 more challenges!


Yesterday started out productive and I prepared several posts for my weekly series, but got distracted by Twitter and blog hopping last night. Did manage to write acceptance and rejection email templates for review offers, so at least they will be consistent now.

Finished two more mini-challenges! I now have a Flavicon thanks to the helpful advice from a Flashback challenge over at Hey Lady, Whatcha Reading? And I backed up my blog as per the instructions from Jackie at Farm Lane Books. Still haven't gotten to several other challenges I want to do, but trying to pace myself today. As it's Saturday, will be bouncing on and off the computer as need to catch up on housework.


Stats
Mini Challenges completed: 3
Comments made: 15
Reviews written: 1
Advance posts written: 0
Series posts completed: 14
Goals completed: 4

Bloggiesta Goals 2010
• Catch up on my reviews.
• Write backup posts for a rainy day.
• Work on series posts. - done
• Clean up tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.
• Update my About Me page.
• Update my review policy.
• Clean up & update my challenge lists. Link up posts w/hosts. - done
• Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve my blog.
• Find out what a gravatar is, and get one if it's cool!
• Edit blogrolls.
• Set up a Favicon. - done
• Add a signature.
• Investigate Google Docs.
• Comment on other Bloggiesta participant's blogs. - in progress
• Write email templates for review offers. - done
• Work on buttons.
• Decide if I need a stand-alone disclosure policy.

Am learning quite a bit, and found several good ideas I want to incorporate on my blog from other Bloggiesta participants. This is fun! :)


7 comments:

  1. Great goals! I have seen the logo around the blogs, so this is really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the goals you've met, and good luck on your goals left. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. I am doing some of these goals myself. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Bloggiesta encouragement, Alexia! I really appreciate that. Looks like you've been really productive so far -- best wishes for meeting all of your goals! I look forward to reading your future posts & have added you to my feed reader. Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing FANTASTIC!!! Keep it going!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh...I need to catch up on my reviews too.

    Four things...that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome goals!

    Best of luck!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u